Question for the ladies.........

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

J.R. wrote:No offence at all Matt. I dislike it as much as you, and Sir John Mortimer. 'Mizz Lix Probert of Chambers, a la 'Rumpole' fame

However, eldest daughter is highly independent, and like some female posters on here, does NOT consider herself property of her partner. Their children, however, have been granted the right to bare both their parents names, which I think is nice, even if it does take them slightly longer to sign autographs after matches !! :oops:

:lol:
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

Total disclosure .... how frightfully modern ...
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
" I wish I were what I was when I wanted to be what I am now..."
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

My mistake. I quick post, I'm afraid.

I trust NEITHER of you ever have to meet her on the field of combat when she is refereeing, OR when she is taking a training session. I'm told that some of the newer female custodians at Butlins Holloway sometimes ring her up for advice ! :twisted:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

J.R. wrote:My mistake. I quick post, I'm afraid.

I trust NEITHER of you ever have to meet her on the field of combat when she is refereeing, OR when she is taking a training session. I'm told that some of the newer female custodians at Butlins Holloway sometimes ring her up for advice ! :twisted:
I'll set my daughter on her.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

englishangel wrote:
J.R. wrote:My mistake. I quick post, I'm afraid.

I'll set my daughter on her.
Should be a good contest.

She was having a rant at a couple of the senior girls at a football training session recently. Even I started quaking ! A Chip of the old block, eh ?
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

My daughter doesn't play football, but she has a fearsome kick, near fatal elbows and once kneed her brother so hard I thought he was going to choke on his *****. All he did was lick her ear.

We are a little worried about her twin ever finding a partner as very few women would match her.
FrogBoxed
Deputy Grecian

Post by FrogBoxed »

A little late to the party (been busy), but just wanted to add my 2p's worth.

Speaking for myself here, I dislike Ms, but not enough to mind if someone uses it to address me. I don't really mind which title people use when they are addressing me. It's usually pretty clear that an item is meant for me whatever the envelope says, and after all it's the contents, not what the envelope says, that's important.

There is one thing that does rankle, though. I agree with Katharine that there is nothing worse than a misspelt first name... Especially when that misspelling appears in the introduction to a book that has a print run of 10,000. *sigh*
Louise Barr Col B 89–96 | Frog Box Design
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

My daughter is Helen, normal spelling, one L, and there are some people who spell it with 2, it drives her mad.
FrogBoxed
Deputy Grecian

Post by FrogBoxed »

She should think herself lucky. When my name is misspelled, it looks like I have a bad case of lice... :?
Louise Barr Col B 89–96 | Frog Box Design
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

I see what you mean, and then you shorten it!!!!
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

FrogBoxed wrote:There is one thing that does rankle, though. I agree with Katharine that there is nothing worse than a misspelt first name... Especially when that misspelling appears in the introduction to a book that has a print run of 10,000. *sigh*
I haven't had that embarrassment, but I have seen several books and articles by one Katharine Guerrier and her name has been spelt in so many ways.

When I was in Malayisa I had to order some special name badges from the UK, one was for me the others were all complex Asian names guess which came back spelt wrongly!!
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Katharine wrote:
FrogBoxed wrote:There is one thing that does rankle, though. I agree with Katharine that there is nothing worse than a misspelt first name... Especially when that misspelling appears in the introduction to a book that has a print run of 10,000. *sigh*
I haven't had that embarrassment, but I have seen several books and articles by one Katharine Guerrier and her name has been spelt in so many ways.

When I was in Malayisa I had to order some special name badges from the UK, one was for me the others were all complex Asian names guess which came back spelt wrongly!!
We have a friend who did a lot of work in Japan. His name is Terry Collis and the rr and ll were both the same on his Japanese name badge.
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

and I am sick of being " Borgas"... even on my driving license !
Doesn't matter how clearly you print the forms or spell it out, it still goes on ---
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
" I wish I were what I was when I wanted to be what I am now..."
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

Euterpe13 wrote:and I am sick of being " Borgas"... even on my driving license !
Doesn't matter how clearly you print the forms or spell it out, it still goes on ---
My Credit Card has my name on it as Katharine M Dobson, one time I handed it over and the chap said 'Oh they've spelt your name wrongly' I'd never seen him before, what gave him the right to decide how to spell my name?

You are quite right, Barbara, it goes on no matter how clearly you print your name. Nobody on this Forum will be surprised to learn that I will not tolerate anything official with my name spelt wrongly.
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Euterpe13 wrote:and I am sick of being " Borgas"... even on my driving license !
Licence if we are being persnickety.