Where have all the ladies gone?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

LongGone
Deputy Grecian

Re: Where have all the ladies gone?

Post by LongGone »

Rockfreak: you might enjoy my neighbor, Regina Barreca http://www.ginabarreca.com
If a stone falls on an egg: alas for the egg
If an egg falls on a stone: alas for the egg
mvgrogan
Deputy Grecian

Post by mvgrogan »

Mum (Fjgrogan) has asked me to post on her behalf.

She's been trying, unsuccessfully, to login and comment but her password has gone astray.
After numerous failed attempts, she was asked an additional CH-style security question which is blatantly for those at Horsham and would not be known by Hertford girls pre-1985...

Maybe that's where all the Ladies have gone.... they can't login because they weren't at Horsham!!

The login attempts continue!
Maria Vatanen nee Grogan 6's (6:12) 81-85 BaB (BaB48) 85-87
mvgrogan
Deputy Grecian

Post by mvgrogan »

... and the real answer to the question is Facebook!

There is a very active CH Ladies page... for CH Ladies only - sorry boys!

There are a number of CH pages, though, open to all and sundry..
Maria Vatanen nee Grogan 6's (6:12) 81-85 BaB (BaB48) 85-87
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I think The CH Ladies tend to communicate on Facebook these days. Mary (EnglishAngel), does pop in her from time to time.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Fjgrogan
Button Grecian

Post by Fjgrogan »

Aha! I've made it at last! What my daughter did not repeat was that I was threatening to sue the powers-that-be for ageism, sexism, and any other ism I can think of! I see now that I have been unable to connect since April 22 - was it just coincidence that that was roughly when I departed these shores for nearly seven weeks visiting said daughter and family in Finland, in order to celebrate my 70th birthday, clutching an unfamiliar hudl (Tescos version of a tablet - requiring that I should switch my allegiance to Chrome rather than Internet Explorer, and learn how to use a touch screen - ugh!). As a result a whole host of long-saved passwords suddenly disappeared - and in some cases it is necessary to quote the old password before being allowed to change to a new one! It is tempting to simply abandon all the technology and just go out and buy a slate!

And NO I do not wish to join Facebook!
Frances Grogan (Haley) 6's 1956 - 62

'A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.'
Fjgrogan
Button Grecian

Post by Fjgrogan »

............. embarrassing too to discover on my sojourn in Finland that even my 6-year-old grandson can easily handle a mobile phone, including building whole cities with Minecraft! I still don't have a mobile phone either!

Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

Fun, and vibrant communication between all the girls on Facebook. Where there are loads of pictures of us all! And who understands those traumatic Hertford experiences as well as Old Girls? A great sense of survival.

No matter what age, the régime was much the same for all of us behind those gates and glass-encrusted walls.
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
Fjgrogan
Button Grecian

Post by Fjgrogan »

Luddites of the world unite - we have nothing to lose but our confusion! Good grief - were the Hertford walls really glass encrusted?

Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

Some of us don't wish to join Facebook.

Yes Frances, the walls were glass encrusted.

I've had one of the busiest six months of my life. My aged Mama, 98 next month, had a double fracture of her left hip at the end of November. My sister and I have moved her to a Care Home, but not surprisingly she's lost a lot of her will to live. This has involved several trips to Cambridge.

As well as that Inner Wheel has taken a lot of time.

Now I'm back and it's high season on the Ffestiniog Railway, very few beach days recently so trains are very busy!
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

Fjgrogan wrote:............. embarrassing too to discover on my sojourn in Finland that even my 6-year-old grandson can easily handle a mobile phone, including building whole cities with Minecraft! I still don't have a mobile phone either!
Your bank is better off if you don't have a mobile - 30p a minute if you are in England but only 17p a minute if you use it in Finland!
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!