Private Samuel Tebby

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Private Samuel Tebby

Post by Mid A 15 »

Please excuse the indulgence of a separate thread but I felt on the 100th anniversary of his death in combat during World War 1 my Great Uncle Samuel Tebby deserved one.

Name: TEBBY, SAMUEL
Initials: S
Nationality: United Kingdom
Regiment/Service: Bedfordshire Regiment
Unit Text: 1st Bn.
Date of Death: 15/11/1914
Service No: 6987
Additional information: Husband of Grace Tebby, of 183, Livingstone Rd., Thornton Heath, Surrey.
Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead
Grave/Memorial Reference: Panel 31 and 33.
Memorial: YPRES (MENIN GATE) MEMORIAL

Also remembering other relatives killed in the two World Wars:

His nephew, my first cousin once removed, Flight Sergeant Ronald John Tebby died 2 June 1945 now in Taukkyan War Cemetery Burma

His cousin Corporal James Tebby died 21 December 1914 named on Le Touret War Memorial

His cousin Corporal George Edward Tebby (younger brother of James) died 8 August 1916 now in Warloy -Baillon Communal Cemetery Extension

Lest We Forget

R
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Angela Pratt
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: Private Samuel Tebby

Post by Angela Pratt »

Yes WW1 remembrances very personal as for both my husband and I our grandfathers were killed. Brian has been giving WW1 talks this year to schools and 6 adult clubs. His exhibition of old photos and family souvenirs of medals, letters and postcards plus modern film of the trenches and commonwealth war graves were fascinating for all!