Spy in the bag

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

marty
Grecian

Spy in the bag

Post by marty »

I hope no one finds this "goulish" but I was wondering what people's thoughts were on the Gareth Williams story. It sounds like something out of an Agatha Christie novel or an episode of Sherlock. Anyone got any interesting theories as to how he ended up in a padlocked bag?
My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: Spy in the bag

Post by J.R. »

Something definitely fishy about this one !

Another cover-up, or a good conspiracy theory ??

The Russian Sate Police, (used to be the KGB) are well known for their devious schemes.

Then again, are MI6 without stains on their character ?
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
marty
Grecian

Post by marty »

I think they should ask either Derren Brown or one of the writers of Sherlock to try and come up with a plausible way of padlocking yourself into a bag. But even if they managed to come with a solution this still wouldn't answer the question: "why"? I don't usually go in for conspiracy theories but this story has the distinct whiff of Baldrick's apple crumble.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

I go along with the conspiracy ideas. OK so he tied himself up some years earlier but would anyone painstakingly go over his entire room and belongings removing every trace of DNA and fingerprints if he was simply going to tie himself up?

There are normally ways of exiting and locking a room without leaving signs; for example nobody has said anything about the air ventilation ducts ..................There are several highly experienced and well funded organisations which do that sort of thing.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

The worrying thing is that two escapologists both tried, one a hundred times, to accomplish the act and FAILED !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Avon
Deputy Grecian

Post by Avon »

It does go to show that The North Face do make quality kit, if he'd put himself in a Karrimor bag it would have split at the seams.
marty
Grecian

Post by marty »

Avon wrote:It does go to show that The North Face do make quality kit, if he'd put himself in a Karrimor bag it would have split at the seams.
Ha. Naughty. But funny.