RED ED !!

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Re: RED ED !!

Post by Angela Woodford »

sejintenej wrote: SWAMBO's suggestion is that Cameron will offer him something - just to cock a snook at Little Ed.
The Ruler of All the Universe just said exactly the same! :lol:

Ed sounds a bit congested. I diagnose nasal polyps.
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
midget
Button Grecian

Post by midget »

Thanks, Angela. I was wondering what his trouble is. (My mum would have said adenoids)
Thou shalt not sit with statisticians nor commit a social science.
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

TBA and I discussed Adenoids ---Most people of my age, don't have 'em --- removed with Tonsils, almost as routine, before anybody realised that they have a useful part, in the scheme of Life.
God didn't make many mistakes (Topic for another Thread ? ) even the Camel was left to a Committee !

I suppose, in fairness, we should give Ed some time to settle, before passing judgement ---- ?
loringa
Deputy Grecian

Post by loringa »

I'd rather have had the third brother: Glenn.
anniexf
Button Grecian

Post by anniexf »

loringa wrote:I'd rather have had the third brother: Glenn.

:lol: :lol:
AKAP
Grecian

Post by AKAP »

You have to be in the mood for jokes like that.
anniexf
Button Grecian

Post by anniexf »

AKAP wrote:
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Ed. An incisive inspirational non-cliché-ridden speaker - maybe not. :( I don't see him doing so well when confronted with David Cameron...

But then - remember John ("Uncle John" to Hertford girls) Major at first. His debating skills improved rapidly!
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
AKAP
Grecian

Post by AKAP »

anniexf wrote:
AKAP wrote:

Some jokes take off on the internet, perhaps this one will start some chat anew on youtube.

:axe: I'll get my coat.
anniexf
Button Grecian

Post by anniexf »

AKAP wrote: Some jokes take off on the internet, perhaps this one will start some chat anew on youtube.

:axe: I'll get my coat.
:roll: :!: :lol:
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

This is absolutely TRUE -- Honest !

When reading the jokes about the Third Brother --- I was listening to a CD, on my Computer, entitled "The way we were in the 4os"

Guess what was playing ---------" MOONLIGHT SERENADE "

Ok---- so you are too young to remember it, but to me, it is the epitome of Wartime "Swing" :lol: 8)
fra828
Grecian

Post by fra828 »

Angela Woodford wrote:Ed. An incisive inspirational non-cliché-ridden speaker - maybe not. :( I don't see him doing so well when confronted with David Cameron...

But then - remember John ("Uncle John" to Hertford girls) Major at first. His debating skills improved rapidly!

Uncle John?? :?
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Sorry! That sounds a bit vague!

During the mid-Sixties, the mother of a girl in 6's had a charming boyfriend, John Major. He worked for a bank (National Westminster?) and was very active in local Brixton Conservative politics. "Uncle John" was a real sweetie - as I was a Sarf Londoner who lived not far away, I saw quite a bit of him in the school holidays, as did many other friends. JM came to Hertford quite a few times on Long Sats etc, ISTR.

On his behalf I pushed a lot of fliers through Brixton letterboxes and stuffed a lot of envelopes. I must have been 14? I think so. I was allowed out late to help at his Conservative Cheese-and-Wine Party! The sophistication of it! :lol:

He was generous, kind and romantic. Our 6's girl's mother nursed him devotedly when he came back from a trip to India with a bad knee injury. JM could make the most terrific curries - remember curry as it was in those days, with sultanas in it and little side dishes of banana and peanuts? Delicious, it seemed.

Yes - lots of nice memories! Then he met that Norma...
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Angela Woodford wrote:Sorry! That sounds a bit vague!

During the mid-Sixties, the mother of a girl in 6's had a charming boyfriend, John Major. He worked for a bank (National Westminster?) and was very active in local Brixton Conservative politics. "Uncle John" was a real sweetie - as I was a Sarf Londoner who lived not far away, I saw quite a bit of him in the school holidays, as did many other friends. JM came to Hertford quite a few times on Long Sats etc, ISTR.

On his behalf I pushed a lot of fliers through Brixton letterboxes and stuffed a lot of envelopes. I must have been 14? I think so. I was allowed out late to help at his Conservative Cheese-and-Wine Party! The sophistication of it! :lol:

He was generous, kind and romantic. Our 6's girl's mother nursed him devotedly when he came back from a trip to India with a bad knee injury. JM could make the most terrific curries - remember curry as it was in those days, with sultanas in it and little side dishes of banana and peanuts? Delicious, it seemed.

Yes - lots of nice memories! Then he met that Norma...

............. and that Edwina. I wonder is SHE came with banana's and peanuts ?
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Sounds like JM always had a penchant for curry (?ie)
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72