The Perfect Wholemeal Loaf

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Re: The Perfect Wholemeal Loaf

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

I have just made a "Perfect Wholemeal Loaf"------------

Confession time -----Bread-making machine, Tesco's dried, quick-acting Yeast, a tablespoon of Malt (With NO cod-liver oil !) added to the recipe, and LO ! in a time of 3 hours 40 minutes, turned out to cool, and is delicious.

Now I agree that this has, probably done nothing for my Soul, Inward Calm, or muscular Development -------

But---- when you need to get into the Greenhouse, to attend to Grapes, Tomatos, Peppers and Lemons, the alternative activities fade !! :oops:
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Re: The Perfect Wholemeal Loaf

Post by sejintenej »

For those still trying to bake the perfect loaf, a bit by Bill King (BaB, PeB 65-72) which I was pointed to by CHOBA News

http://localandgreat.blogspot.com/

This is a blog so for reading the bread article in the future: page 695, "A day with Berthinet" dated 4th May 2011

A quick glimpse at his earlier offerings and my reaction is "WOW"; I need weeks to read, learn and inwardly digest and I thought Careme was tough! At least he writes Housie (rather than Lousie) English