Student Finance England

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Student Finance England

Post by Mid A 15 »

are a bunch of useless, incompetent tossers!

They are the organisation students now have to apply to for finance. Tuition fees, maintenance loan and maintenance grant.

They had a deadline of 26 June 2009 and I paid £5.40 to send the completed form and documents guaranteed next day delivery (it arrived on 18 June 2009) so I could track it when some petty bureaucrat denied ever receiving it.

There is a section on the form requesting details of parents' income and they also request that you send in evidence of that income. As an organisation spawned by New Labour they assume that everybody is naturally guilty of fraud and thus insist on ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS as evidence.

Today my wife and I have both received, at the same address, separate letters enclosing a form for parental income details to be completed and, of course, the only acceptable evidence is ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS which the ******** have had (and still have) since June 18 when they received the completed forms they are now asking us to fill in!

My wife tried to speak to them on the phone but "data protection" prevents them discussing the matter without my daughter! Protection of our P60s with personal information apparently does not come under the scope of "data protection!"

To cut a long story short I am flummoxed as to how I can unravel this situation so that my daughter can receive her student finance. I cannot afford an unbudgeted £100 a week for her room at the hall of residence and I don't want to worry her as she is already having difficulties settling in.

Has anybody got any suggestions other than buying a sub machine gun and blowing away every bureaucrat that crosses my path which is what I feel like doing?

We've met their accursed dictatorial deadlines, sent them everything they asked for and still they f*** up!!!!

Sorry rant over!!!!
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: Student Finance England

Post by J.R. »

Well said Andy.

I'm afraid we are getting back to the situation where only the idle rich kids will attempt to get an education.

'Come the Revolution, brother........................ !!'
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Still no further forward.

I've contacted the local MP now in the not too optimistic hope that he might do something given that his majority is less than 300.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Our alleged leader in waiting doesn't want to pay for the kids education, and instead, say we've now got to work longer, (increasing the retirement age). to pay for the education we had to pay for ourselves in the first place !

The Public Service Pay 'Freeze Weeze', won't exactly endear the working votor to the Tories, either, and I speak as a life member of UNISON ent !

I'm beginning to think that the coming election may well be called off due to 'Lack Of Interest' !!

Failing that, I can see some of the fringe parties picking up oodles of votes !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

My suggestion --- from experience in Politics -- is Get in touch with ---
1. a National Newspaper
2. The "Today" Programme.
3.Don't know what Party your MP is -- but contact the Opposition, for the next Election !

The best weapon which you have is Public Embarrassment --- believe me -- I know !
midget
Button Grecian

Post by midget »

Go to the top. A file coming down gets far more attention than a file going up.
Thou shalt not sit with statisticians nor commit a social science.
loringa
Deputy Grecian

Post by loringa »

May I draw your attention to the Daily Mail, Saturday 10 October 2009, page 9, where there is an article entitled Third of freshers still without loans? It seems that you are by no means alone. I don't know whether Student Finance England and the Student Loans Company (SLC) to which this article refers are one and the same or that we have two equally useless and incompetent organisations failing to do a similar job. Don't worry though, Education Minister David Lammy (who?) met SLC officials this week to discuss the problem so I am sure all will soon be well!!
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

I don't wish to appear negative ------

but one might die of Asphixiation :lol:
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Nothing new. In 1972 I got my grant on November 7th in my first year. Fortunately CH had given me £50.00 for books, and I had a very understanding landlady.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"