Blondie's wedding extravaganza!!!

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

blondie95
Button Grecian

Blondie's wedding extravaganza!!!

Post by blondie95 »

Due to a little bit of a push! I thought I may share with you thee run up to the wedding!!!
We are at 5.5months, and today i went into town to collect our wedding rings, which i have to admit seeing them sat next to each other in the box made my heart leap into my mouth! I dont know why but the sight of them made me realise its real, although i know its real ive been planning for nearly 2years now!!!

Anyway the latest thing to be done is the groom and ushers suits! What i thought was going to be one very stressfull afternoon with the h2b moaning that everything either made him look short, wider or whatever other ridiculous thought corssed his brain, it really wasnt! I was amused by the way the lady kindly dressing h2b kept talking to me about 'what shall we put him in next?' 'like the colour combination' 'oh yes thats the right fit' whilst poor h2b stood there like a clothes horse tempting to pass comment!!! Of course I let him 'have his say' and luckily for him it was the same as mine! I dread to think what would have happened had he disagreed (ill leave it to you all to suggest).
Seeing him there all dressed up did make me so proud and a littly giddy :) just got to wait to sept to see the ushers and father in law to see what they all look like!!!
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

Check out my blog http://leadpencils.blogspot.com/
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Re: Blondie's wedding extravaganza!!!

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

I loved the description of the "Groom Dressing"
The poor chap --- standing there while the ladies discuss his fit.
Was he asked "Which side do you dress " ?
If you don't know what that means --- ask H2B ! :oops:

Or doubtless JR will have his say ! :lol:
Ajarn Philip
Button Grecian

Post by Ajarn Philip »

blondie95 wrote:
What i thought was going to be one very stressfull afternoon with the h2b moaning that everything either made him look short, wider or whatever other ridiculous thought corssed his brain, it really wasnt!
"Does my bum look big in this...?" :lol: :lol:

Anyway, how come the groom is banned from seeing the bride in her outfit before the Big Day, but it's OK for the bride to see the groom? Isn't there a QUANGO I can complain to about this obvious discrimination?

Keep 'em coming, Amy!
lonelymom
Button Grecian

Post by lonelymom »

Ajarn Philip wrote: Isn't there a QUANGO I can complain to about this obvious discrimination?
NO! :lol: Just accept it - the sooner you accept it the happier you'll be :D
lonelymom :rolleyes:
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

Well done Amy in succumbing to the enormous demand and curiosity of us all about the preparations for the big day.

We enjoyed the male and highly cultural persepective from Philip, the preparations as a mother of Angela and now we have the bride to be.

Bring on all juicy bits as and when you wish/want to share them¨!!
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
kerrensimmonds
Button Grecian

Post by kerrensimmonds »

But we haven't seen any of Phil's photographs, have we? (Unless I have missed something?)
And when it gets to Amy and the H2B actually tying the knot I am hoping that - after a decent interval, of course - there will be lots of pictures for us to enjoy.
Kerren Simmonds
5's and 2's Hertford, 1957-1966
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Luckily, I had two things to do for my wedding - sorting out the honeymoon and sorting out the suits... :)
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

at mo his only responsibility ot giving rings to best man and taking 70 cupcakes which is the wedding cake to the reception venue on the friday!
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

This unloading on here is probably a good thing, as I think a six-month run-in might drive your nearest and dearest bonkers, whereas on here we can spread the load.

Speaking as someone who planned her wedding and did EVERYTHING in the summer vacation from University>

No. I tell a lie, we were engaged for a year and as Dad was a nurseryman we told him what flowers we wanted so he could plan them, and he froze pounds of rasperries in advance, we also booked the village hall at Easter. The church was not a problem, they would have moved heaven and earth for me there.

Honeymoon to Jersey was booked after my Uni. finals. "Do you want a twin or a double?" "A double, it's our honeymoon!!"

Suits and rings were made and bought in Birmingham before we left in late June.

The mothers made the cake and my Mum and I decorated it. We also did most of the buffet catering, including pounds of rice salad, which has become legendary for the amount left over.

I have one sister so I made our dresses.

I think my Mum's hat was the single most expensive thing. I don't think she told my Dad how much it cost until the day she died. (and it was horrible, but she loved it)
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

wow, thats an incredibly organised!!! I have realised its so easy to get carried away with it all and very easy to spend spend spend! The reception venue is by far the biggest exspense, but we all agreed that because of time of year it needed to be lovely to make sure if the weather is bad its not a factor! What im aiming for is a small, sophisticated and intitmate country wedding!

Im currently watching a number of items on ebay such as favours and shoes!!! And having seen some nice decs at friends wedding in March she is letting me borrow them for mine!!! Ebay and notonthehighstreet are fantastic sites for wedding things
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

We got married in September and as it happened it was just before the weather broke after a long hot summer (1975 which was actually longer than 1976 but had not been preceded by a hot summer and dry winter).

We had our reception in a village hall and the village cricket on the pitch next door united the Yorkshire mining village contingent (husband's side) and the Sussex village contingent,(my side).

We actually got married on Gillette Cup Final Day (now the NatWest Trophy) and both Yorkshire and Sussex had been knocked out in the semi-finals otherwise things could have been difficult.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

It would have been nice to have been more involved in the preparations for my first Wweddig.
My Wedding Dress was already decided No 1 Dress (Blues)
The two Families had taken over --- 12 Bridesmaids ---- 6 Besworded Officers
Venue -- The Town Church Melton Mowbray
Reception -- the George Inn --- Melton Mowbray
Spectators --- Most of the Town -- She had been 1951 Festival Leicestershire Beauty Queen

Well at least it lasted 20 years and two sons, to support me in my old age (Fat Chance !) :(

Second, and lasting 33 years, to the Blessed Anne, was in a Baptist Church, in Poole.
A few Friends, a Reception on the Quayside at Wareham,
Honeymoon in Guernsey
The two, aforementioned Sons, thoroughly approving of what they jokingly call "The Wicked Stepmother " ! :lol:
Wish I'd met her in 1951 --- oh dear she would have been 12 ! ! :lol:

Best Wishes Blondie for a super Day and Long Life and Happiness !
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

well, i personally found the wedding related aspect of yesterday one of the best things since wedding dress trying on......Gift List compilation. There we were John Lewis in Bluewater with our little zapper wandering around and zapping away! Its was so exciting, standing there looking at the whole selction and not just thinking about what you need becasue you have broken the last one etc and get best quality for best price!!! Oh no....however I did havea moment of dizziness when i saw the price of some of tha pans and cutlery sets I was looking at! £400 for 30 knives, forks and spoons!!! honestly!

What had me and the h2b in hysterics was just as we left the gift list area with our zapper a couple turned up to carry on as they ran out of time yesterday!!! Both our faces at the prospect of this taking two days and not the 2 hours we imagined were a picture!!!

And actually its a lot harder than i thought it would (esp given the shopper that i am!) A lot of time was spent deliebrating over just how 'good quality/special' we wanted dinner servcies to be, my arguement is too special would mean we would never ever use it, I wanted a dinner service i could use with out panicking everytime i picked up a plate in case i smashed it!! Also its important to ensure you have a good spread of prices on your list-which was difficult!

And now i keep thinking of things and popping online to add them! :roll:
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02

CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

And actually its a lot harder than i thought it would (esp given the shopper that i am!) A lot of time was spent deliebrating over just how 'good quality/special' we wanted dinner servcies to be, my arguement is too special would mean we would never ever use it, I wanted a dinner service i could use with out panicking everytime i picked up a plate in case i smashed it!! Also its important to ensure you have a good spread of prices on your list-which was difficult!

Working for Villeroy&Boch, I hope you chose our dinnerware! Let me know if you did as I might be able to help out.
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
blondie95
Button Grecian

Post by blondie95 »

errrrr I woulod like to say yes but alas I think our set is callen Loft-which is not where it will end up
Amy Leadbeater
BaB 2000-01, Gre W01-02