Letters

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

peter2095
GE (Great Erasmus)

Letters

Post by peter2095 »

With Marty's thread in mind, i was wondering if anyone else wrote any letters they would like to post. Also it would be good to see replies as well

Here is mine, recently to my Local MP Laura Moffat (labour) who i have been emailing for many months now. Can you guess who i'm voting for in the local elections? :)

Dear Laura

It has been many a month since I last emailed, I hope your visit to Pakistan was successful, could I please see your expenses sheet? As I’m hazarding a guess that some of my tax contributed towards that? Only joking by now I’m looking at a career in living off benefits and carrying on working at the same time. Have you seen how much some people get paid!!!!

Anyway, I did email on a more serious note.

As MP for Crawley and also an ex NHS employee please would you mind explaining something to me? As I fear the BBC on this occasion are not lying. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6594687.stm

With the Government putting in £90 Billion a year into the NHS and a £26 million makeover of Crawley Hospital, can I ask how Surrey and Sussex NHS Trust have managed to get themselves into debt? And not a small debt either?? £41.2 million!!! Someone needs a medal for getting it down from £68 million though

Surely there must have been money saved in closing down the A&E department in Crawley. I see that after your long and hard campaign they have opened a Urgent Treatment Centre (UTC). Congratulations, you state that “it will take 85 % of patients who were ever treated at the old Crawley A&E” Do you have figures to back that up? Also that’s still 15% down!!

Also can I ask what the opening times are for the UTC??

I am still worried about the fact, if I were to go ill in Horsham, my local A&E Departments are in Redhill and Worthing, which are about 40 minutes in either direction.

Can I ask whose idea it was to close the A&E hospital in Crawley? Seeing that it was threatened to happen way back in 1997, I can only presume it was the Labour Parties? Oh dear me. Your one major victory in Crawley was after a fight with your own party. Ironic somewhat?

I eagerly await your response. I know you must be on tender hooks with May 4th Elections coming up.

Just because I am ignorant on the matter, is it often that the MP can be of one party, then the council and the County Council be of another? Surely that’s got to make your job a lot more difficult and sway in favour of Henry Smith?

Kindest Regards

Peter Walsh Esq

PS, Do you know where I can get a pocket ash tray? As your police officers keep threatening to fine me for putting out my Cigarette butts.
If it takes 87 muscles to frown, if i frown throughout the day, can that count towards my daily work out?
marty
Grecian

Post by marty »

Nice one, Peter! Have you had any reply yet? I can give you coaching if you like!!!
My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that.
midget
Button Grecian

Post by midget »

Keep up the good work, gentlemen.
Thou shalt not sit with statisticians nor commit a social science.
Wuppertal
GE (Great Erasmus)

TV Licensing Idiots

Post by Wuppertal »

I recently received a rather menacing letter from the TV License people, that had been forwarded to me from my previous address Here it is below:

Dear Mr Seligmann.

As the Regional Manager of the North Wales TV Licensing Enforcement Division, I have received authorisation from our National Division to visit your property. See copy above.
[There was no 'copy' or anything of the sort]

Our records show you have previously been given opportunities to purchase a TV Licence, but have neglected to do so.

It is now my duty to make you aware of the following:

-My Enforcement Officers may visit
[my address] without warning, at any time of the day, in the evenings or at weekends.
-They will assess whether there is evidence of your watching or recording television services without a valid TV License.
-They could caution you, take your statement and file a report on their findings.
-Further, they may use detection equipment to obtain proof that a TV signal is being received on this property.

Such a visit will constitute the last step before legal proceedings may commence. Should you be found guilty in your local court of using a TV without a valid license, you may face the maximum fine of £1,000.

Richard Goodbody
Regional Manager
North Wales Enforcement Division

Here was my reply:

Dear Mr. Goodbody,

I recently received an aggresively worded letter from you, threatening to come and search my property because of the suspicion of me not having a valid television license.

You are correct: I have no license for that property. The reason is that I no longer live at that property. If you had checked your records properly, you would have found that six months ago, I purchased a new television license for my current address. Does it not occur to you and your "Enforcement Officers" that people move house? Do you send such letters to everybody who has not renewed their license after a year?

In your letter to me, you failed to leave any kind of contact address, telephone number or email, so I have sent this in your name to the national office. It is usually companies or individuals with something to hide who leave no form of contact details in their correspondences, to avoid being found and hassled by thousands of unsatisfied customers. As you left no contact details, I shall also leave no contact details, however if you wish to reply to me, I suggest you look more carefully in your records than you did last time, and you will find my name, address and details of my valid television license.

Yours sincerely,

Thomas Seligmann.
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Nice one Peter.

Incidentally, where would victims fromm a majax on the M23 or at Gatwick go now?
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

englishangel wrote:Nice one Peter.

Incidentally, where would victims fromm a majax on the M23 or at Gatwick go now?

Heaven?
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

englishangel wrote:Nice one Peter.

East Surrey Hospital,
Three Arch Road,
REDHILL.

It even has it's own heli-pad now.

Average A & E waiting time ??

THREE HOURS !!!!!
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

Same in the fracture clinic ( which I`ve visited on numerous occasions with various children - not my own, the school`s!!) Appointment is, e.g. 9.30 - consultant doesn`t even arrive until 10, and when you eventually get seen (usually after a visit to x-ray where you have to wait ages again) its a 1 minute session.
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Mrs C. wrote:Same in the fracture clinic ( which I`ve visited on numerous occasions with various children - not my own, the school`s!!) Appointment is, e.g. 9.30 - consultant doesn`t even arrive until 10, and when you eventually get seen (usually after a visit to x-ray where you have to wait ages again) its a 1 minute session.
...as our eldest daughter han testify, after breaking her leg football training !

Did you meet that rather nice but gay plaster technician, Janet ?
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

I think I`ve met everyone who works in the place at some point!!
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
Jude
Button Grecian

Re: TV Licensing Idiots

Post by Jude »

Wuppertal wrote:I recently received a rather menacing letter from the TV License people, that had been forwarded to me from my previous address Here it is below:

Dear Mr Seligmann.

As the Regional Manager of the North Wales TV Licensing Enforcement Division, I have received authorisation from our National Division to visit your property. See copy above.

Our records show you have previously been given opportunities to purchase a TV Licence, but have neglected to do so.

[my address] without warning, at any time of the day, in the evenings or at weekends.
-They will assess whether there is evidence of your watching or recording television services without a valid TV License.
-They could caution you, take your statement and file a report on their findings.
-Further, they may use detection equipment to obtain proof that a TV signal is being received on this property.

Such a visit will constitute the last step before legal proceedings may commence. Should you be found guilty in your local court of using a TV without a valid license, you may face the maximum fine of £1,000.

Richard Goodbody
Regional Manager

Here was my reply:

Dear Mr. Goodbody,

I recently received an aggresively worded letter from you, threatening to come and search my property because of the suspicion of me not having a valid television license.

You are correct: I have no license for that property. The reason is that I no longer live at that property. If you had checked your records properly, you would have found that six months ago, I purchased a new television license for my current address. Does it not occur to you and your "Enforcement Officers" that people move house? Do you send such letters to everybody who has not renewed their license after a year?

In your letter to me, you failed to leave any kind of contact address, telephone number or email, so I have sent this in your name to the national office. It is usually companies or individuals with something to hide who leave no form of contact details in their correspondences, to avoid being found and hassled by thousands of unsatisfied customers. As you left no contact details, I shall also leave no contact details, however if you wish to reply to me, I suggest you look more carefully in your records than you did last time, and you will find my name, address and details of my valid television license.

Yours sincerely,

Thomas Seligmann.
my daughter got one of these as did all the students in the Leeds Uni self catering accomidation - she just laughed and said she couldn't wait for them to come and break down the doors! As no one in her flat has a tv! (the law now states that there has to be a separate license for every room behind a locked door - in her case that would be 5 licenses for 5 students in 5 rooms - racking up the money eh?) - so guys - all of you who have now put locks on your teens or children's or even YOUR door - remember - if there is a tv there it has to be licensed!
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Re: TV Licensing Idiots

Post by sejintenej »

Wuppertal wrote:I recently received a rather menacing letter from the TV License people, that had been forwarded to me from my previous address Here it is below:

Dear Mr Seligmann.

Richard Goodbody
Regional Manager

Here was my reply:

Dear Mr. Goodbody,

Yours sincerely,

Thomas Seligmann.
I think that you were being unnecessarily polite and forthcoming. Given that Mr Goodbody was being so aggresive I would have replied along the lines of:

You have failed to provide me with the evidence promised that you have any authority to visit "my" property and I demand that it be furnished to me duly certified and notarised as being a true copy of an official original.

I agree that I have no licence for any television receiving equipment at that address but if you do choose to try to enter the address then evidence of your identity, address, employment and authority will no doubt be required and unless proven to be genuine and not forged then strenuous efforts may be made to keep you out. In any case you will be wasting your time because I simply do not know if there is any television equipment at the address.

Your abject apology is awaited.
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
Eruresto
Grecian

Post by Eruresto »

Surely not, Jude! In the Boarding houses every single room has locks - even all the common rooms (except for the junior kitchen which also has a TV....) Imagine the bills - 3 tv rooms in one house, 6 per block (plus one in matrons), across the avenue....my my!
Joshua Bell: PeA 2002-2008, GrW 2008-9
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

Eruresto wrote:Surely not, Jude! In the Boarding houses every single room has locks - even all the common rooms (except for the junior kitchen which also has a TV....) Imagine the bills - 3 tv rooms in one house, 6 per block (plus one in matrons), across the avenue....my my!
Sadly that is the rule - Sarah was in a flat with 4 others - every student in the flat would have had to have a separate license for a tv in their rooms - the only place that was communal was the kitchen - and well - students - kitches - tv? Nah!

It will be easier now she is in a house next academic year - but if anyone has a tv in their room (again they have locks) then there will be a separate license to the one in the living room which is communal.

Perhaps CH gets away with it as it is a charity? Or perhaps as there is only 1 tv per boarding house that is the only license required - but feel free to challenge me - go to the BBC website and read the TOC re tv licenses!
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
Eruresto
Grecian

Post by Eruresto »

Will do, although Peele has 9 TVs (all but 2 of which are in locked rooms - three common rooms per side of the block + 1 in matrons)...

Very interesting...
Joshua Bell: PeA 2002-2008, GrW 2008-9