Find music you like

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, and is NON CH related - chat about the weather, or anything else that takes your fancy.

Moderator: Moderators

AKAP
Grecian

Post by AKAP »

J.R. wrote:I understand his musical career started by playing a piano in a brothel!
I wonder what music he played.
Apart from the obvious
Ravel's Bolero ( as in the film 10).

Suggestions please.
bap
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by bap »

Pandora has just added Rory Gallagher to my Led Zeppelin radio- I LOVE THIS SITE!
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Ahh, you have a Led Zep station too!
Ba.A / Mid. B 1972 - 1978

Thee's got'n where thee cassn't back'n, hassn't?
bap
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by bap »

I know this was covered in separate threads some time ago, but I have to thank my CH peers for a very broad musical taste. I'm definitely 'retro' as my 13 year old son keeps reminding me [tho' he's keen on all the stuff I like too] but I'd forgotten how much I liked Rory Gallagher, Coliseum, King Crimson, Groundhogs, The Nice, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Billy Cobham and the list goes on.... Fortunately, there's a CD shop in Brighton where I can get alot of this stuff for a fiver per CD.
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

bap wrote:I know this was covered in separate threads some time ago, but I have to thank my CH peers for a very broad musical taste. I'm definitely 'retro' as my 13 year old son keeps reminding me [tho' he's keen on all the stuff I like too] but I'd forgotten how much I liked Rory Gallagher, Coliseum, King Crimson, Groundhogs, The Nice, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Billy Cobham and the list goes on.... Fortunately, there's a CD shop in Brighton where I can get alot of this stuff for a fiver per CD.
Hmmm, did the New Wave pass you by, then?

bap
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by bap »

New wave, schmoo wave... I still like the bands that came out of the far side of that particular wave but I guess they represent retro too to you with it young blades; police, stranglers, clash, echo & the bunnymen [their new album 'Siberia' is excellent]. I got an 'Old Grey Whistle Test' DVD for Christmas, the perfect gift.

My daughter is into 'R&B' but that now translates to Beyonce, Kanye West, Destiny's Child, Snoop Dog and dozens of other black urban acts, Mariah Carey and WILL YOUNG fer Christ's sake!
Richard Ruck
Button Grecian

Post by Richard Ruck »

Yep, R&B used to be an entirely different animal!

englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

bap wrote:New wave, schmoo wave... I still like the bands that came out of the far side of that particular wave but I guess they represent retro too to you with it young blades; police, stranglers, clash, echo & the bunnymen [their new album 'Siberia' is excellent]. I got an 'Old Grey Whistle Test' DVD for Christmas, the perfect gift.

My daughter is into 'R&B' but that now translates to Beyonce, Kanye West, Destiny's Child, Snoop Dog and dozens of other black urban acts, Mariah Carey and WILL YOUNG fer Christ's sake!
I agree with you there.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"