Last night antics

Share your memories and stories from your days at school, and find out the truth behind the rumours....Remember the teachers and pupils, tell us who you remember and why...

Moderator: Moderators

sejintenej
Button Grecian

Re: Last night antics

Post by sejintenej »

Last night in Prep A lower dorm there was an almighty pillow fight after midnight plus beds overturned etc. Slipper for everyone in the dorm -ouch
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
onewestguncopse
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by onewestguncopse »

Very quiet night now - thank God! I remember a bonfire in the Quad in my early years. Those days are long gone and I don't think you will find many staff who mourn!
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

sejintenej wrote:Last night in Prep A lower dorm there was an almighty pillow fight after midnight plus beds overturned etc. Slipper for everyone in the dorm -ouch

I was under the impression that corporal punishment was now illegal.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

J.R. wrote:
sejintenej wrote:Last night in Prep A lower dorm there was an almighty pillow fight after midnight plus beds overturned etc. Slipper for everyone in the dorm -ouch

JR you are showing tempus fugit. - I was there in your time. Anyway corporal punishment is coming back.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

sejintenej wrote:
J.R. wrote:

JR you are showing tempus fugit. - I was there in your time. Anyway corporal punishment is coming back.
Great stuff ! Any news on capital punishment ??
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Requested Removal 18
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Requested Removal 18 »

My last night was a bit...shall we say...chaotic. :oops:

A couple of friends and I had planned to wrap the statue and other Quad-related items in the 40-or-so toilet rolls that we had "borrowed" from the toilets over the course of the 1990 Summer Term (I like to plan ahead). I had all these carefully stashed away in my wardrobe, which I had secured with a padlock.

Unfortunately, I had too much of a good friendship with a bottle of Bacardi that evening, and drunken antics led to me breaking a window and severing an arteriole in my finger (messy). Cue being marched down to the sicker where Dr Hoskins was summoned, stitches were administered and I was told in no uncertain terms that I was in no state to go back onto the school grounds. So I was kept in. And I still had the key for the padlock.

Despite the cubicles having windows that only opened a few inches, I knew the end cubicle had no restriction and opened fully - I doubt the nurses did. So once everything was quiet, I tiptoed drunkenly down the corridor, pushed up the window and jumped out. Unfortunately for all my stealthy escape, I was rounded up in the Club about an hour later whilst looking for my partners in crime and forcibly put back to bed by Sister Spring...

It was certainly a night I won't forget in a hurry (still have the scars to prove it) and my Mum was quite grateful for not having to buy toilet roll for a while. :lol:

PS Edit: From the photo of myself and Nigel Killpack the morning after, it looks like some sort of chessboard was made outside dining hall using sheets but I have no recollection of anything fantastic being done. Damn that bottle of Bacardi!!

Pe.A
Deputy Grecian

Post by Pe.A »

sejintenej wrote: Mon May 25, 2015 12:25 pm
J.R. wrote:
sejintenej wrote:[/b] -ouch

Anyway corporal punishment is coming back[/img].
??????????
LongGone
Deputy Grecian

Post by LongGone »

So, the thread on hanging, drawing and quartering may have been prescient?
If a stone falls on an egg: alas for the egg
If an egg falls on a stone: alas for the egg
michael scuffil
Button Grecian

Post by michael scuffil »

Re 'Scouting for Boys', mentioned in this thread some time ago:

scholarly opinion is divided on whether Baden-Powell was aware of the double entendre.
Th.B. 27 1955-63
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

J.R. wrote: Mon May 25, 2015 1:32 pm
sejintenej wrote:
J.R. wrote:

Great stuff ! Any news on capital punishment ??
Hopefully - for every one of those who try to act against the will of the people as demonstrated in the vote.

[thinks, if they can do it for Brexit then hopefully we can ensure a blue victory in future elections.] :D :D :D :D :D :D