Fashions in Music at CH

Share your memories and stories from your days at school, and find out the truth behind the rumours....Remember the teachers and pupils, tell us who you remember and why...

Moderator: Moderators

adlop
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by adlop »

cstegerlewis wrote:Are you standing or being middle aged and sitting down!

Adam - are you up for this, you can stay overnight with us if you need?
Sorry been away then madly busy so catching up now. The Cure is sold out but if i can get a ticket through my old sources i will, though I'll have a new two month old baby at that point so might not be easy to get down. Will have a look....

Hi Bruce
Barnes B / Mid A
cstegerlewis
Deputy Grecian

Post by cstegerlewis »

Must admit I forgot I put this up, I did have a possibility of a couple of tickets but I susepct they have gone now - let me know if you get anywhere and we will make a plan.
Craig Steger-Lewis
Ba.B 25, Mid B 25, Mid A42
1982-1989
adlop
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by adlop »

will look for a pair and get back to you.
Barnes B / Mid A
Bruce
2nd Former

Post by Bruce »

adlop wrote:will look for a pair and get back to you.
Did you have any luck getting tickets? I will keep an ear out as well.
You've probably seen that loads more bands from CH days are playing next year and tickets are on sale now...The Mission in February playing one album per night (I've gone for my guilty pleasure of God's own Medicine on the 28th Feb if you fancy it), The Cult are back together in Feb as well and then Echo and The Bunnymen are at The Albert Hall in Sept - trying to sort out a box for this through a contact so will let you know if I get one.

Hope all's well with you both. Bruce
Bruce
2nd Former

Post by Bruce »

...and on top of that Jesus and Mary Chain are playing at Camden Roundhouse in March next year. they're all back out in force.
cstegerlewis
Deputy Grecian

Post by cstegerlewis »

Definitely up for the Bunnymen if you get a box!
Craig Steger-Lewis
Ba.B 25, Mid B 25, Mid A42
1982-1989
adlop
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: Fashions in Music at CH

Post by adlop »

Been away from here for a bit.

Re-forming and touring is definitely the new black.

Seen the Bunnymen a few times over the years, last time at T in the Park in 2003. I can't get to the Mary Chain which is annoying the hell out me.

I just bought The first chapter by The Mission which finally replaces an old tape I had of their early stuff. I quite fancy that but as above new baby is curtailing trips to London for a few months...ho hum.
Barnes B / Mid A
wurzel
Deputy Grecian

Post by wurzel »

The first gig I ever went to was Wembley arena with veggie - Mission Children Tour. sadly I still have the bootleg T-Shirt I bought outside.
fra828
Grecian

Post by fra828 »

Bridge Over Troubled Water -Summer 1970. It is still one of my favourites . Sailor by Petula Clarke was always being played in 8's dayroom when I first started at CH in 1967. We loved Those Were The Days by Mary Hopkin .In the early 70's other albums played were: After The Gold Rush by Neil Young, John Lennon's Imagine, Tapestry by Carole King ; also singles of the era such as those by Elton John, Marc Bolan and Rod Stewart plus many others! (We could bring records from home, no tapes or cds in those days!) Kept us in touch with the outside world, Great memories......
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

Don't know why I didn't think of it before, the only records I can actually remember which year they came out, "Young girl" by Garry (sp?) Puckett and Union Gap in 1968 (I was 14) and "School's out" by Alice Cooper in 1972 (the year I left).

I went to an Alice Cooper gig at Wembley Arena about 7 years ago (was it really that long?) and 3/4 of the people there were my age reliving their youth, and the rest were our kids, Marilyn Manson fans to see how it was done properly.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
CHAZ
Grecian

Post by CHAZ »

Early 80s saw the Specials become the Fun Boy 3 and there were all sorts of weird haircuts and looks whether it be ABC, Duran Duran, Haircut 100.

The Jam had a few Number 1s and then there was New model Army, the Clash....ooh the list could be long...
Charles Forster
PeB 1978-1984
mvgrogan
Deputy Grecian

Post by mvgrogan »

Ah, yes the 80s!

I remember Natalie Something (funny, I could remember her name a few days a go!) - monopolised the record player and introduced us all to the joys of Pet Shop Boys, Haircut 100 and Fun Boy Three - all on 12 inch of course! She had West End Girls on 12 inch the first time it was released and it was a flop, so when it finally became a hit several years later it was horribly familiar :lol:

Isabel Bird, Jane Isted & I were Duranies for a while :oops: and I can remember watching a concert on video again & again, we knew all the words & actions :lol: but it wasn't in house but in the TV room - was it under the stairs to the dining room? Vonny - I bet you remember.

Mx
Maria Vatanen nee Grogan 6's (6:12) 81-85 BaB (BaB48) 85-87
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

mvgrogan wrote:I remember Natalie Something (funny, I could remember her name a few days a go!)
Heath? :?
mvgrogan wrote:in the TV room - was it under the stairs to the dining room? Vonny - I bet you remember.

Mx
Yes it was! I don't remember using that tv room much but I do remember watching Grease 3 times in there one weekend! :lol:
Last edited by Vonny on Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41
mvgrogan
Deputy Grecian

Post by mvgrogan »

Vonny wrote:
mvgrogan wrote:I remember Natalie Something (funny, I could remember her name a few days a go!)
Heath? :?
mvgrogan wrote:in the TV room - was it under the stairs to the dining room? Vonny - I bet you remember.

Mx
Yes it was! I don't remember using that tv room much but I do remember watching Greece 3 times in there one weekend! :lol:

YES - Natalie Heath, thank you!

I don't remember watching Grease, but I definitely remember Top of the Pops! I guess it was somewhere we could make a little noise by singing along :lol:
Maria Vatanen nee Grogan 6's (6:12) 81-85 BaB (BaB48) 85-87
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

If I remember rightly it was just 2's who went in there to watch Grease :lol:
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41