Bob Sillett's horror/ghost stories....

Share your memories and stories from your days at school, and find out the truth behind the rumours....Remember the teachers and pupils, tell us who you remember and why...

Moderator: Moderators

J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I think you'll find that Wormwood is a character from 'Harry Potter', Worzel !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
wurzel
Deputy Grecian

Post by wurzel »

well I knew what I meant but cricket was never of any interest to me - waste of a perfectly good summers afternoon.

In fact i remember a non cupties match against Peele (I think) where we were all threatened will various dire consequences as it was obvious we had agreed they were going to win beforehand and were doing our best to be all out for 0.

Why did they ever try and arrange a sporting fixture specifically aimed at those not good at the sport that was on a wed afternoon in the summer and could take hours.
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

J.R. wrote:I think you'll find that Wormwood is a character from 'Harry Potter', Worzel !
Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

cj wrote:
J.R. wrote:I think you'll find that Wormwood is a character from 'Harry Potter', Worzel !
.... I stand corrected.

I see on BBC Ceefax last night that the critics have slated the new Harry Potter Film.
cj
Button Grecian

Post by cj »

J.R. wrote:
cj wrote:
.... I stand corrected.

I see on BBC Ceefax last night that the critics have slated the new Harry Potter Film.
Tosh and bibble, my Lord. What do critics know anyway? Pah, I say. I'm looking forward to it and the new book which we pre-ordered 17 years ago from Amazon and will reach us just in time for our sojourn in Kent (provided P. Pat doesn't strike again) in August. I have conceded to daughter no. 1 that she may have first dibs if she is quick and does nothing else until she's finished.
Catherine Standing (Cooper) Image
Canteen Cath 1.12 (1983-85) & Col A 20 (1985-90)

Any idiot can deal with a crisis. It takes a genius to cope with everyday life.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

I'm one of the many who will be eagerly waiting for the ring of the door-bell on the Saturday morning, and will have read it by the time I go to sleep that night.....

I'd heard that the Post Office has lost the contract from Amazon to deliver it, due to the narrow-minded-stupid-union-drive strike action??

J
Ps Anyone guess I don't have much time for unions who's aim is to bleed companies dry, and ultimately do their members out of a job by demanding unrealistic inflation-busting pay rise?
PPS Sorry - a few too many Southern Comfort and it all comes flowing out!
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

jtaylor wrote:I'm one of the many who will be eagerly waiting for the ring of the door-bell on the Saturday morning, and will have read it by the time I go to sleep that night.....

I'd heard that the Post Office has lost the contract from Amazon to deliver it, due to the narrow-minded-stupid-union-drive strike action??

J
Ps Anyone guess I don't have much time for unions who's aim is to bleed companies dry, and ultimately do their members out of a job by demanding unrealistic inflation-busting pay rise?
What a shame John Edmunds ( OB former leader of the GMB ) doesn't appear to visit the forum! :wink:

He may have an alternative viewpoint!
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Mid A 15 wrote:
jtaylor wrote:I'm one of the many who will be eagerly waiting for the ring of the door-bell on the Saturday morning, and will have read it by the time I go to sleep that night.....

J
What a shame John Edmunds ( OB former leader of the GMB ) doesn't appear to visit the forum! :wink:

He may have an alternative viewpoint!
And I just happen to be a life member of UNISON !
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

wurzel wrote:well I knew what I meant but cricket was never of any interest to me - waste of a perfectly good summers afternoon.

In fact i remember a non cupties match against Peele (I think) where we were all threatened will various dire consequences as it was obvious we had agreed they were going to win beforehand and were doing our best to be all out for 0.

Why did they ever try and arrange a sporting fixture specifically aimed at those not good at the sport that was on a wed afternoon in the summer and could take hours.
How I agree, wurzel. But hockey! Cold, agonising when hit with a stick. pointless - at least over more quickly than the endless boredom of cricket.

I'm heading towards the splendour of 500 posts!! Goal posts!

Munch
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""