Marching 3X a day, PE in quad....

Share your memories and stories from your days at school, and find out the truth behind the rumours....Remember the teachers and pupils, tell us who you remember and why...

Moderator: Moderators

99yorkpj
Deputy Grecian

Marching 3X a day, PE in quad....

Post by 99yorkpj »

Does anyone have any funny stories, maybe about the tube, or traditions that have died a death in more recent years? (Just curious....)
2004-2006, Leigh Hunt B & Grecians' East.
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Re: Marching 3X a day, PE in quad....

Post by DavebytheSea »

99yorkpj wrote:Does anyone have any funny stories, maybe about the tube, or traditions that have died a death in more recent years? (Just curious....)
For the tube try:

viewtopic.php?t=126&highlight=tube

on this forum.

Beatings:

viewtopic.php?t=184&highlight=punishments

Otherwise just searching through 15,000 odd postings should keep you busy!!
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

On my squits (Christmas 92) before crazy marching, Lamb stole all of the house standards and barracaded themselves in the dorm - I remember about 300 people trying to force themselves up Lambs fire escape with Mr Talkington trying in vain to calm the situation...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
darthmaul
Deputy Grecian

Post by darthmaul »

Great Plum wrote:On my squits (Christmas 92) before crazy marching, Lamb stole all of the house standards and barracaded themselves in the dorm - I remember about 300 people trying to force themselves up Lambs fire escape with Mr Talkington trying in vain to calm the situation...
That's quite a novel idea. If we tried that today, we'd get murdered. Are we students less brave nowadays do you think?
L. Fanthome : Pe.A (03-05) Gr.W (05-06)
99yorkpj
Deputy Grecian

Post by 99yorkpj »

I guess we are.... I havent heard of any really daring stunts lately..... shame..... I personally would love to climb big school and the water tower before i leave....
2004-2006, Leigh Hunt B & Grecians' East.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

darthmaul wrote:
Great Plum wrote:On my squits (Christmas 92) before crazy marching, Lamb stole all of the house standards and barracaded themselves in the dorm - I remember about 300 people trying to force themselves up Lambs fire escape with Mr Talkington trying in vain to calm the situation...
That's quite a novel idea. If we tried that today, we'd get murdered. Are we students less brave nowadays do you think?
I think Lamb did get murdered!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99