Paris

Section for overseas clubs, those planning travel, or those who are currently overseas. Aimed to provide a means of finding who's in your area, offering support or advice to travelling students etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Gripper
2nd Former

Paris

Post by Gripper »

Any old Blues in/near Paris?
Hannoir
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hannoir »

jenni in my year is, but she never checks the board!
"All I need to be happy is a little house with a small yard, a white-picket fence, some trees in the yard, and some of my enemies hanging on the trees."

-Poet, Heinrich Heine

BA/GrE 00-02
Gripper
2nd Former

Post by Gripper »

Thanks. Happy to meet up with any OB's to share thoughts, tips and info on life in France.

Today's tip - don't run a yellow when a policeman is watching - it seem's that it is illegal!
tobeconfirmed
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by tobeconfirmed »

Lucky lucky you.
How long have you lived there? Do you ever get bored of it?
We've spent a couple of weeks every summer for as long as I can remember near the Place des Vosges, such a beautiful and relatively little-known place by visitors. I always think of it when I'm in the Garden Quad for some reason.
And I was amused to hear of the latest Parisian tourist attraction - ''da Vinci Code' Tours'!
Well, I could write pages and pages about how much I love Paris, but I'll stop now as it completely defies the point of your original post!
Gripper
2nd Former

Post by Gripper »

I started working here in February so I am still finding my way round and getting used to the 'differences' to the UK but it is great.

I have explored the area around where I live, Noisy Le Roi - Yvelines, but I have not spent too much time in the centre of Paris yet.

Still I will be here for quite a while so plenty of time to really get to know the place especially as I will probably end up running a tour operation for all my expected visitors!
tobeconfirmed
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by tobeconfirmed »

Yvelines - where Versailles is, if I'm not mistaken?
Gripper
2nd Former

Post by Gripper »

Yes, I am just a couple of km's north west of Versaille. I have yet to 'do' the Chateau but it looks impressive and there was a great concert, to mark the official start of summer, there last week.

I will explore more in August when the French head south and leave the rest of France to the tourists.
tobeconfirmed
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by tobeconfirmed »

I will explore more in August when the French head south and leave the rest of France to the tourists.
When most of them head south but leave the elderly in Paris to melt...
Gripper
2nd Former

Post by Gripper »

Yes, it is a bit guilt issue here as the French government removed a bank holiday, well they do have 12, to act as some sort of penance day or something - I probably got the translation wrong after all I failed my French O level!