Jordan/Lebanon/Syria anyone?

Section for overseas clubs, those planning travel, or those who are currently overseas. Aimed to provide a means of finding who's in your area, offering support or advice to travelling students etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Mark1
GE (Great Erasmus)

Jordan/Lebanon/Syria anyone?

Post by Mark1 »

I'm planning spending some time in the area this summer and then again next spring to volunteer/study/travel (at different times) - I was wondering if there is any active Old Blue presence there. If you're in the region, or know relevant people who are, please let me know!

Mark
Ma A, 2000-'07
laichena@email.unc.edu
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: Jordan/Lebanon/Syria anyone?

Post by J.R. »

Rather a volatile area to visit, Mark ???
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Mark1
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Mark1 »

Well, it's not Sussex, but Jordan certainly isn't a warzone. I'll be there this summer working in Amman with Palestinian refugees - really looking forward to it, and was wondering if there were any relevant connections with CH.
Lebanon, on the other hand, is as you say a little more volatile. I guess the attraction of the university and the culture is trumping that for me at the moment, but it's certainly somewhere I'll be ready to keep my head down if needs be.
Oh well. I thought it was at least worth a try to see the limits of the Housey network!

M
ojjman
2nd Former

Post by ojjman »

Ha Mark, I just logged on for the first time in ages to see if there were any travel opportunities - incl something in Syria & you've written something on it this morning. Raff & I are talking about going to Israel over their May anniversary. I'm inter railing from 23 feb > looking at going through Istanbul > Syria > Jerusalem. Might do trans-Siberian railway though...anyways.