travel stories

Section for overseas clubs, those planning travel, or those who are currently overseas. Aimed to provide a means of finding who's in your area, offering support or advice to travelling students etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Hannoir
Deputy Grecian

travel stories

Post by Hannoir »

so i have been in the country for all of 6 weeks and im already getting itchy feet.

to cure this, please feel free to share travel stories, anecdotes, whatever...

ill post mine later... :)
"All I need to be happy is a little house with a small yard, a white-picket fence, some trees in the yard, and some of my enemies hanging on the trees."

-Poet, Heinrich Heine

BA/GrE 00-02
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Funny isn't it? I love travelling, I work for a travel firm and have already seen great places in the world, but I would never want top live anywhere else...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
lvesey
3rd Former

Post by lvesey »

I thought I'd never want to live abroad. But then I moved from London to Sydney a year ago. As much as I hate to say it (and never do in front of an australian), the lifestyle is infinitely better. Mainly due to the weather, the water, and the affordability of the "good life".

I wouldn't rule out returning to live in the UK, but I can't see it happening for a while yet.
Hannoir
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hannoir »

so i said i'd post a story..

anyway it was when i was in south africa in december. was on the indian ocean coast, staying in my relatives holiday house (!). anyway there had been a REALLY big storm which had been brewing up for days. we went over to visit friends in another town, and when the weather had cleared, we walked down to the beach. the children (well about my age) of my aunt and uncles friends had their swimming stuff, but i didnt. but it was such a lovely evening - it had been raining all afternoon and had cleared so it was clear and sunny, and the sea looked so appealing! it was one of those times where you just didnt care about anything else. so went in the sea fully clothed...and im so glad i did! was so much fun dodging the waves and jumping about...then it was sunset and the colours in the sky were intense, it was a joy just to lie in the sea being washed about by the waves and look!

would have been made even better with some dolphins jumping about but hey!!

ok sigh back to work
"All I need to be happy is a little house with a small yard, a white-picket fence, some trees in the yard, and some of my enemies hanging on the trees."

-Poet, Heinrich Heine

BA/GrE 00-02