OBs in Italy

Section for overseas clubs, those planning travel, or those who are currently overseas. Aimed to provide a means of finding who's in your area, offering support or advice to travelling students etc.

Moderator: Moderators

normal
2nd Former

Re: OBs in Italy

Post by normal »

Frances,

Are you Maria's mother? You is an Old Blue too? Aaah, that explains everything!

Maria's done it again?! Auguri! Crisce Sant'!! Congratulations! Call him Kermit, or Gonzo!

Wish her and him and him all the best from me.

God bless!

Simon
mvgrogan
Deputy Grecian

Post by mvgrogan »

Cheers Si!

Somehow I knew you would come up with a sensible name!! Thank you....
Maria Vatanen nee Grogan 6's (6:12) 81-85 BaB (BaB48) 85-87
gma
Grecian

Post by gma »

Last word of advice, skip Milano. It's a dump and is basically a waste of time. Seriously, if you only have a couple of weeks, skip Milano. It purports to be a cosmopolitan city, but at the end of the day, it's like Peterborough, or Dagenham. The shopping is crap. Everything you can get here, you can get in Roma, more cheaply, and in a city that will truly enchant you.
Staggered by this - HWMBI took me to Milan for a long weekend in early winter a couple of yaers ago which happened to be the weekend that La Scala re-opened - and I loved it - not bothered by the shopping as for the most part you will find the mainstreams shops in any city in the world but the little tiny shops in little tiny sidestreets were amazing, when's the last time anyone in UK saw a shop that just sold belts or one just selling gloves, not ometion an Armani department store!

The city is beautiful; wandering around the castle amazing; photographic opportunities endless; metro perfect dropping you off at every convenient point imaginable; walking the city wall; attending friday mass in the Duomo, (neither of us being catholic in fact HWMBI indulged has a muslim parent); lunching on the top of the Duomo, sitting in a tiny bar watching thousands of dollars worth of jewellery and dresses run past to the Opening Night; the Last Supper (luckily remembered to book before we went), I know Rome is amazing too but Milan has a special something too! I promise you, having recently been to Dagenham that it is like comparing Versace with Primark.

If you really think Milan is like Peterborough or Dagenham then might I suggest that you have been in lovely Italy too long (although I don't think, myself, that there could be such a timeline) - I envy you endlessly!!
Gerrie M-A (GMA) - 2:34 71-75

"If you cannot have what you want, then learn to want what you have"
Anon or The Guru or someone worthy like that.
Wasn't DR.
Definitely not.
normal
2nd Former

Post by normal »

when's the last time anyone in UK saw a shop that just sold belts or one just selling gloves
tie rack
gma
Grecian

Post by gma »

tie rack
....which also sells scarves, cuff links, belts, cummerbunds, braces...........................................!! :wink:
Gerrie M-A (GMA) - 2:34 71-75

"If you cannot have what you want, then learn to want what you have"
Anon or The Guru or someone worthy like that.
Wasn't DR.
Definitely not.
lizzieflute
2nd Former

Post by lizzieflute »

Hi all,

I'm off to Terni, Umbria, on Sunday to spend the rest of my gap year as an au pair there; does anyone live near by and fancy meeting up? Would be great to hear some English!

Lizzie
Iguana
3rd Former

Post by Iguana »

You may be interested in,
https://www.orchestrafortheearth.co.uk/ ... 18-toblach
its only one event but Toblach which is in Italy I believe. More details posted in the general stuff.