Sponsorship to Ecuador

Section for overseas clubs, those planning travel, or those who are currently overseas. Aimed to provide a means of finding who's in your area, offering support or advice to travelling students etc.

Moderator: Moderators

janeypen
2nd Former

Sponsorship to Ecuador

Post by janeypen »

Does anyone know anyone or any company who would be willing to sponsor me to go and work in a village school in Ecuador for a month. I teach French and German at CH and would like to improve my Spanish so I can teach it next year. The main reason for going is to work for the charity Global Vision and to set up links so that Old Blues can go and work in the same school and so that we can raise money for this particular village school high in the mountains above Otavalo. Plans are afoot to set up the first secondary school next year too.
I felt inspired to do this by CH pupils themselves who work tirelessly for charities.
It would be great to arrive with a great wad of cash for the school. :lol:
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Re: Sponsorship to Ecuador

Post by Mid A 15 »

janeypen wrote:Does anyone know anyone or any company who would be willing to sponsor me to go and work in a village school in Ecuador for a month. I teach French and German at CH and would like to improve my Spanish so I can teach it next year. The main reason for going is to work for the charity Global Vision and to set up links so that Old Blues can go and work in the same school and so that we can raise money for this particular village school high in the mountains above Otavalo. Plans are afoot to set up the first secondary school next year too.
I felt inspired to do this by CH pupils themselves who work tirelessly for charities.
It would be great to arrive with a great wad of cash for the school. :lol:
Have you tried the BSB?

The fact that teaching Spanish would be of benefit to the children might bring you within the BSB remit.

http://www.bluessupportingblues.com/
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72