Hertford production on record (LP) Noyes Floode - B.Brittan

Post requests for information about people you've lost touch with, and would like to contact again.

Moderator: Moderators

Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

still haven't got anywhere with my search for Noyes flood which started this thread!

I guess it will rain down somewhere (ouch!)
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
Vonny
Button Grecian

Post by Vonny »

Jude wrote:I guess it will rain down somewhere (ouch!)
:roll: :roll: :lol:
2's 1981-1985 2:12 BaB 1985-1988 BaB 41
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

I was once God!
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
Maureen Connor
2nd Former

Re: Hertford production on record (LP) Noyes Floode - B.Brit

Post by Maureen Connor »

Jude wrote:Does anyone have a copy or even remember performing Noyes Floode at the Hertford Parish Church? I was a pea-hen - boringly covered in brown all over!! I can still hear parts of it in my head - especially the Keria's..!

If anyone has a copy, or can find it to download please contact me - I would like to annoy my offspring with yet more of the accomplishments of their mother!!!

judicomber@aol.com
Only discovered this site in the last 24 hours but I certainly recall the Noye's Floode version you refer to ...1976 I think. Mr. Upton played God, which we all found very appropriate. He was a vicar and taught Latin. I remember listening to the Top Twenty on Tuesday lunchtimes in his Latin lessons through a tiny earpiece with my transistor in the desk. He never noticed. Whether or not I still possess a vinyl version of the above-mentioned choral work I'm not sure.
Jude
Button Grecian

Post by Jude »

Arghhhhhhhh Another of the staff comes into view Mr Upton - vicar, counsellor of one's griefs and Latin teacher...... Gosh - his voice resonated through the chapel!

Kieria Kieria keria eson or something in a high pitch voice!
Jude Comber (nee Kelynack) 5's 5.38 1975-1980 Herts.
To Learn - read, to Know - write, to MASTER - Teach
gillieg
2nd Former

Re: Hertford production on record (LP) Noyes Floode - B.Brittan

Post by gillieg »

"Go forth and multiply"- Mr Uptons climactic (get the pun?) dispatch to us all.

I remember Noye's Fludde as was just back to school from 3 months in Harlow hospital having had my appenix out. I couldn't take part but was envious of everyone else involved as waves, animals etc etc. I don't have a recording but one was definately made. I have Brittain's ceremony of carols which I absolutely adore and play on an old record player every Christmas.
Alexandra Thrift
Deputy Grecian

Re: Hertford production on record (LP) Noyes Floode - B.Brittan

Post by Alexandra Thrift »

Hi Gill,

I was in the choir when we recorded The Ceremony of Carols and my copy vanished years and years ago....do you know how to copy your vinyl onto CD ? I would desperately like a copy.

I have one more copy of the 1967 (?) Carols From Christ's Hospital ( Hertford) already beautifully on CD (..done by a friend of mine: I gave a few to forum members a couple of years ago).

THREE MONTHS in hospital after an appendix op. ! Something went wrong...?
mvgrogan
Deputy Grecian

Re: Noyes Floode

Post by mvgrogan »

Alex vS wrote:I played the timpani and cymbals - got to do the thunder and lightening - my crowning moment in the orchestra!! Must have been 1982, '83 or '84 coz I left Summer '84 and I must have been 14 or older. My music teacher was hovering in the background terrified that I'd crash the symbols at the wrong place and helping retune the drums.
ALEX VAN SOMERAN!! I was playing persussion with you that day too! Mary Smith was the teacher and just moments before my loudest crash on the gong she decided I wasn't going to do it loud enough, took the beater from me and did it herself! I was livid! :x

:lol: