Does anyone remember Bun (Judith Points)? [STILL LOOKING...]

Post requests for information about people you've lost touch with, and would like to contact again.

Moderator: Moderators

Jo
Button Grecian

Does anyone remember Bun (Judith Points)? [STILL LOOKING...]

Post by Jo »

Looking through old letters in relation to a thread on one of the other CH forums, I came across several from Bun, alias Judith Points, and wondered if anyone was still in contact with her? She was in 6's and left, IIRC, in 1972. She was a talented musician, particularly organist, and went on to Trinity College of Music. She lived in Enfield. I kept in touch with her for three or four years after she left, but lost touch eventually.

Directly or indirectly, I have news of most of the people in my own year, but rediscovering the letters made me wonder if anyone has any news of Bun?
Jo
5.7, 1967-75
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Re: Does anyone remember Bun (Judith Points)?

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

Jo wrote:Looking through old letters in relation to a thread on one of the other CH forums, I came across several from Bun, alias Judith Points, and wondered if anyone was still in contact with her? She was in 6's and left, IIRC, in 1972. She was a talented musician, particularly organist, and went on to Trinity College of Music. She lived in Enfield. I kept in touch with her for three or four years after she left, but lost touch eventually.

Directly or indirectly, I have news of most of the people in my own year, but rediscovering the letters made me wonder if anyone has any news of Bun?
Hi Jo

I was in 6s with Bun, Munch, Mary Mc (MKM), Alex and Liz. Bun was listed with the CHA Old Blues (have forgotten my login details, so can't check whether she still is), and replied to a message I sent her.

Best wishes

Caroline
SAS
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: Does anyone remember Bun (Judith Points)? [STILL LOOKING

Post by SAS »

She was my music teacher (not at CH) and I am in touch but it would be up to her as to whether she wants to be in touch. I could send her an email with this link if you are interested? She was/is a fantastic teacher - we were very lucky to have her at my school. She even put up with teaching me piano so must have been very long-suffering, but I HOPE that I gave her more reward via singing.
SAS
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by SAS »

She was my music teacher (not at CH) and I am in touch but it would be up to her as to whether she wants to be in touch. I could send her an email with this link if you are interested? She was/is a fantastic teacher - we were very lucky to have her at my school. She even put up with teaching me piano so must have been very long-suffering, but I HOPE that I gave her more reward via singing.
SAS
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by SAS »

No idea why that has posted twice.....
SAS
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by SAS »

She taught at my school from (I think) 1976 which sounds about right?
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

Bun came over to have a cup of coffee with me in the late 80's when I was in Kent. She had a dear little toddling girl with her - I don't remember where she was living, but I know it wasn't that far (I was in Headcorn, near Maidstone). She was definitely teaching music! She looked exactly the same!
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
SAS
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by SAS »

She is still in North Kent, with her family. Would you like me to email her?
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

SAS wrote:She is still in North Kent, with her family. Would you like me to email her?
If you do would you please add love and Christmas greetings from Caroline? We did communicate prior to the reunion at Hertford in 2008, but she was unable to attend.

Thanks.
Jo
Button Grecian

Post by Jo »

After my original posting three years ago I did get an email address for Bun and exchanged a couple of emails. She was frantically busy with two (nearly grown up) girls, IIRC helping out with her husband's business and running a choir or orchestra I think. If anyone is in touch with her again please pass on my best wishes.
Jo
5.7, 1967-75
SAS
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by SAS »

I will email her and ask her to go to the forum. In an odd roundabout sort of way, her being at CH and learning all that music, meant that she taught me singing, which meant that I sang with my daughter, which means that MY daughter loves singing and is now loving her music at CH; full circle! Happy Christmas everyone - hope this helps! x