Ian 'Baggy' Wheeler-did you ever fly a plane?[STILL LOOKING]

Post requests for information about people you've lost touch with, and would like to contact again.

Moderator: Moderators

normal
2nd Former

Ian 'Baggy' Wheeler-did you ever fly a plane?[STILL LOOKING]

Post by normal »

Hiya,

Does any one have any news about Ian Wheeler (Ma B, La B, Ma A). He would have left in '87, I think. He always wanted to be a pilot. I just wnated to know if he managed to make his dream come true. If anyone has an idea of where he is, an address, or anything, it would be great to link up with him again.

Simon Light
cstegerlewis
Deputy Grecian

Post by cstegerlewis »

He definitely got his Airline Licence, I think I last saw his name flying for someone like Monarch or one of the holiday Charters, but that was some years ago, he may well have enough hours to be with one of the big guys by now.
Craig Steger-Lewis
Ba.B 25, Mid B 25, Mid A42
1982-1989
normal
2nd Former

Post by normal »

Really? Well that's terrific! F**k, that's brilliant news! Good for him, the jammy bast**d!! How did you get to see his name? Do you know how I can get hold of him? Any way, Craig, thanks for bringing me such brilliant news, I am seriously very happy. He deserves every bl**dy success! God bless!
cstegerlewis
Deputy Grecian

Post by cstegerlewis »

No I don't, TBH I am not sure whether I first saw the info in "Who's Blue?" or one of the airline info directories at work (which we no longer have) - I must admit it only registered with me for the same reason, that he was lucky enough to achieve his ambition.

It might have been on Friends Reunited :? can't check because it is blocked at work.
Craig Steger-Lewis
1982-1989
englishangel
Forum Moderator

Post by englishangel »

cstegerlewis wrote:No I don't, TBH I am not sure whether I first saw the info in "Who's Blue?" or one of the airline info directories at work (which we no longer have) - I must admit it only registered with me for the same reason, that he was lucky enough to achieve his ambition.

It might have been on Friends Reunited :? can't check because it is blocked at work.
No he's not there.
"If a man speaks, and there isn't a woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
cstegerlewis
Deputy Grecian

Post by cstegerlewis »

Thanks Mary, must have been one of the other sources then.
Craig Steger-Lewis
1982-1989
cstegerlewis
Deputy Grecian

Post by cstegerlewis »

Simon,

Baggy is on the list of attendees for OB's day, perhaps you can ask Zoe or Julian to pass on your details so he can get in touch?
Craig Steger-Lewis
1982-1989
normal
2nd Former

Post by normal »

hey Craig, are you a genius full-time, or just when you want to impress? Thanks, great idea. How do I get in touch with Zoe? Zoe who? Any way, I'll give it a bash. Ta
cstegerlewis
Deputy Grecian

Post by cstegerlewis »

Go to the CHA section of the forum, and I think you will find her email address in one of her posts, otherwise I am sure Julian (top forum bod and moderator) will pop along and help out.
Craig Steger-Lewis
1982-1989
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

manager@chassociation.org

There you go.

Always works for me.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
normal
2nd Former

Post by normal »

It's Super John. Thanks!!! I've written to the address you sent me. Fingers crossed.
mvgrogan
Deputy Grecian

Re: Ian 'Baggy' Wheeler-did you ever fly a plane?[STILL LOOKING]

Post by mvgrogan »

I realise this was an old post but I can confirm I was in touch with Baggy briefly last year - on Facebook - he has since disappeared again, though!

He's a pilot for British Midland and seemed to be doing quite well judging by the holiday and sailing pics!

What about you Simon, what are you up to?

Mx
normal
2nd Former

Re: Ian 'Baggy' Wheeler-did you ever fly a plane?[STILL LOOKING]

Post by normal »

Marie, is that really you?

Holy cow droppings! You've given me goose bumps! How are you? And your sister?

I'm grand. I'm living in Italy for the moment. I've been here almost seven years now. I ended up being an acupuncturist. How about you? Is you married? Is you working? Is you sober?

I finally got in touch with Ian, but only through e-mail. At the time he was flying to Venice. This was perhaps a year ago or so. I was so chuffed to hear he had made it. At school, it was his dream to become a pilot. Planes were his passion. When there was that really bad plane crash, when the plane just missed the motoway, I can remember how he sat in his study with a model aeroplane and analysised how the crash must have happened and how the people would have managed to get out. Sick puppy!

My email is: simonlight@hotmail.com. Drop us a line!

Take care, bug hug,

Simon