Information on Robert Harrison Millett - help?

Post requests for information about people you've lost touch with, and would like to contact again.

Moderator: Moderators

jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Information on Robert Harrison Millett - help?

Post by jtaylor »

This was received via the CHA website.
Wendy has no record, but there's a chance this chap slipped through the net.

Any knowledge from anyone? Post here, and I'll forward details on if you do.
I would like to know if my father Robert Harrison Millett was at the school between 1935 and 1939 (?). I know that he spent some time at a boarding school at Horsham, but I have no way of being certain if it was Christ's or not. Could you help me? Was there another boarding school at Horsham besides Christ's at the time?

He would have been between 9 to 14 years old. His father (my grandfather) worked for a British company here in Brazil and as the custom was he sent his son to study in England . I believe he came back to Brazil because of the War.

My father passed away in 1992. He was never very specific about the time he stayed at the boarding school. I don't recall he ever mentioned its name.

Thank you for any information you may provide.

Best regards,

William A. Millett
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Additional info from Wendy:-
"There was a Forest Grange Boarding School in Horsham at that time but apparently it has now been turned into Flats & Houses"
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

jtaylor wrote:Additional info from Wendy:-
"There was a Forest Grange Boarding School in Horsham at that time but apparently it has now been turned into Flats & Houses"
Not true...

Forest Grange was a Prep day and boarding school between Horsham and Crawley. It was a large mansion that became the school in the 1950's - at the time it was known as St Leonard's Forest School, not changing its name until the 1970's to Forest Grange. The school closed in 1991 and has since been converted into flats and houses.

There was a school in the Causeway at Horsham that may have been a boarding school - it was until a few years ago the headquarters of the RSPCA.

Warnham Court School was a state boarding school until about 5/6 years ago.

I don't think there were any other schools near Horsham that would fit the bill.
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
HowardH
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by HowardH »

Actually. Matt, there was one other - St.John's College, which ceased to exist in the mid 80s.
Dad
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

HowardH wrote:Actually. Matt, there was one other - St.John's College, which ceased to exist in the mid 80s.
Dad
And if whilst we are at it, the school which used to be in North Parade in Horsham which has been converted into flats - Forest Grange obught a minibus off them when the school closed!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99