Revd Patrick Duncan-still painting? Contact details? [FOUND]

Post requests for information about people you've lost touch with, and would like to contact again.

Moderator: Moderators

jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Revd Patrick Duncan-still painting? Contact details? [FOUND]

Post by jtaylor »

Anyone have contact details for Patrick Duncan?
He was a fantastic chaplain at CH in my time, took up painting (I think it was after a stroke?) and painted a lot of the best CH paintings I've seen.
He was my informal tutor for a time at CH, and would love to get back in touch, and maybe buy a painting or two from him.

Can anyone PM me with his details if you've got them?

Cheers,

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Tim
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by Tim »

Um... well I am REALLY sorry if this is not true, or if I'm thinking of the wrong person, but I think I heard several years ago that he had passed on. He was a great chaplain I agree.
[NB:- Apparantly not the case, see posts later on in this topic - JT]

Speaking of chaplains I met Dobbie outside Covent Garden tube a few weeks ago.

Tim.
Tim Benjamin
PeB: 87-90 :)
PeA: 90-91 :(
MidB: 91-93 :D
http://www.timbenjamin.com
Clements Theory: http://www.clementstheory.com - E-learn music theory!
Study guides and thousands of practice questions for Associated Board Grade 5 Theory
Rex
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Rex »

The Rev Charles Patrick Maxwell Duncan doesn't appear in the current (2004-2005) edition of Crockford's Clerical Directory. He was listed in the previous one (2002-2003) but the details provided were long out of date: he was said to be still at CH, which he left in 1992.

The mystifying thing is that when I say he doesn't appear in the current edition, I mean he appears nowhere at all in it - not on the main list of clergy, not on the list of those who have died, and not on the list of those whose addresses are not known.

I'm pretty sure there's been no mention in The Blue of his having died.
Last edited by Rex on Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

That is weird - thanks for the additional info though.
I've contacted Crockfords online, to request any additional info and for them to investigate the missing entry. I'm suprised that the info was that out-of-date (usually Crockford's have been pretty good) and for the entry to be missing altogether is weird...
I await a reply from them, and I'll post here if I find anything out.

Cheers,

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Rex
GE (Great Erasmus)

Good news about Patrick Duncan

Post by Rex »

Julian,

Just to confirm my email the other day, I'm happy to say that Patrick Duncan has turned out to be very much alive. He's living here in Edinburgh - a friend of mine met him last week at St Peter's Church, Lutton Place.

Rex
Last edited by Rex on Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

That's great news - and thanks for the info.
Have found the church website, and tried emailing them to find contact details.
Would love to get back in contact, and maybe buy a painting from him - he was a fantastic guy, and would love the honour of owning one of his paintings.

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Tim
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by Tim »

I'm also very glad to hear he's still very much alive! Sorry for the incorrect info and any distress it might have caused...

Tim
Tim Benjamin
PeB: 87-90 :)
PeA: 90-91 :(
MidB: 91-93 :D
http://www.timbenjamin.com
Clements Theory: http://www.clementstheory.com - E-learn music theory!
Study guides and thousands of practice questions for Associated Board Grade 5 Theory
jdshippen
2nd Former

Patrick Duncan

Post by jdshippen »

Patrick is living in Edinburgh. He has/had an official e-mail site for his continuing work as an artist. info@patrickduncanart.co.uk jds
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Meant to post on here - I got in touch with Patrick via his church in Edinburgh, and have received a very kind postcard from him.

So good to hear he's well, and that "rumours of [his] death have be grossly exagerated".

He's still painting, and by the looks of the postcard producing some cracking results.

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
srcudlipp
3rd Former

Post by srcudlipp »

jtaylor wrote:Meant to post on here - I got in touch with Patrick via his church in Edinburgh, and have received a very kind postcard from him.

So good to hear he's well, and that "rumours of [his] death have be grossly exagerated".

He's still painting, and by the looks of the postcard producing some cracking results.

J
He's still alive? better hide quick. Me and a friend once got caught by him one Sunday afternoon in the late eighties, alone in his daughters bedroom with her and another (un-named) female - he went slightly ballistic, especially as we were hiding in the wardrobe when he came upstairs, and my friend was still doing up his flies........happy days :D
Mid B / A 1984 - 1989
Happy
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Happy »

Are you refering to a lovely Bognor Regis gal and a now follicularly-challenged journalist.....? I assure you they didn't laugh about it in house.
srcudlipp
3rd Former

Post by srcudlipp »

Happy wrote:Are you refering to a lovely Bognor Regis gal and a now follicularly-challenged journalist.....? I assure you they didn't laugh about it in house.
Happy - Ye knows too much! I know me & Mr Folically Challenged didn't laugh too much - nearly got suspended :roll:

And yes it was a lovely Bognor Gal.......happy days

So who are you Happy?
Mid B / A 1984 - 1989
Happy
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Happy »

I sat behind you in bilge on the UF....
srcudlipp
3rd Former

Post by srcudlipp »

Happy wrote:I sat behind you in bilge on the UF....
You're going to have to give me another clue...
Mid B / A 1984 - 1989
Happy
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Happy »

I also had the pleasure of the Bognor Gal and Mz Duncan in house. They were the most amazing double act when dealing with WJA when we got a good *ollocking as a yeargroup.