Drummer required for Old Blues rock band

Post requests for information about people you've lost touch with, and would like to contact again.

Moderator: Moderators

Alex S-B
2nd Former

Drummer required for Old Blues rock band

Post by Alex S-B »

nately are a London-based rock band comprising four Old Blues:
  • Niall Barker (Peele B/A, '84-'91) - Vocals/Rhythm Guitar
  • Will Shallcross (Mid B/A, '84-'91) - Lead Guitar
  • Alex Selby-Boothroyd (Mid B/A, '84-'91) - Bass/Sax
  • James McAlpine (Peele B/A, '84-'91) - Drums
Unfortunately, James is moving to Singapore in March 2005, so we are starting to look for a drummer, and it would be nice to keep the CH connection. If you play the drums and are interested, please get in touch by email (info@nately.net) or reply to this post. We rent a studio (with drum kit) where we rehearse twice a week, and we are already booked to play at a festival on the Isle of Wight this summer.
Last edited by Alex S-B on Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murrayfletcher
2nd Former

Drummer Required

Post by Murrayfletcher »

Hi Guys,

Don't know if yuou remember me, Murray Fletcher Peele A/B Niall may do!! Good to hear you are keeping up the band. I was looking to get back into another band after a while out of it, what sort of Music are you guiys playing? What days do you practice??

Let meknow if you get a chance, unless you are already sorted.

Cheers guys and good luck!

Murray
Alex S-B
2nd Former

Drummer required

Post by Alex S-B »

Hey Murray,

Of course we remember you. How's it going? Glad to hear you're still playing the drums. We've actually got a drummer coming in to audition next week, but if he doesn't work out, would you be interested in giving it a go? There are a couple of tracks on our website if you want hear the kind of stuff we're playing (http://www.nately.net).

I'll be in touch next week.

Cheers,

Alex
Alex S-B
2nd Former

EXPosure

Post by Alex S-B »

Hi Farnaz,

That's a very kind offer! If you get a chance to listen to us on our website (http://www.nately.net) and think we're good enough, please email me an address to send a CD to (info@nately.net).

Thanks again,

Alex
Last edited by Alex S-B on Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterW
2nd Former

Post by PeterW »

Nice to see you're still playing Murray!

I used to drum with this lot about 10 years ago and they're not bad ;-)
Murrayfletcher
2nd Former

No worries

Post by Murrayfletcher »

Hi Mate,

No worries, let me know how you get on, email me when you have a chance,

Heard the tracks, they sound great! Keep up the good work boys!!

Thanks for the message Peter!

Cheers

Murray
mrhenry
2nd Former

Post by mrhenry »

Good to read/hear you guys are still playing. Listened to the songs on your website. Did you ever play at Bath Uni.? Good Luck in the IOW/Singapore. - Henry
Alex S-B
2nd Former

Post by Alex S-B »

Hey Henry, yes we did play at Bath University, in the Battle of the Bands. We even got to the final, before losing out to a solo artist (battle of the bands, indeed!). But that was about 12 years ago. You must have a great memory (which worries me, as I think I still have a couple of your tapes...). How's it going?
mrhenry
2nd Former

Post by mrhenry »

Things are going OK thanks. You will be pleased to learn I fulfilled my musical potential by never picking up a guitar after I left CH. After Bath I moved to the United States and have remained there ever since. I keep in contact with a number of OB's on the East Coast (including for a while Sam Wilcocks who was teaching at a university in Philadelphia).

I hope everything is well with you. I'll leave you my address on your nately e-mail. Give my regards to Shadwell, Niall and James when you see them. - Henry
ben ashton
Grecian

Post by ben ashton »

hey. just listened to the songs on the website, quality. ever come to Leicester? its really not such a bad place, nightlife is alive and some decent clubs. send me a cd and i'll get it on our de montfort uni radio [demon fm]?
Cherish pity; lest you drive an angel from your door

LaB 1, MidB 40, 97-02
Alex S-B
2nd Former

Post by Alex S-B »

Hi Ben, never been to Leicester but you make it sound quite appealing. And thanks for your offer of radio play. If you email me your address (info@nately.net) I'll send you a CD.

Cheers,

Alex
Alex S-B
2nd Former

Gig details

Post by Alex S-B »

Ridiculously late notice, I know, but nately are playing tonight (Friday 28th Jan) at the Marquee in Leicester Square, London. We're on at about 8pm and it costs £5 to get in.
srcudlipp
3rd Former

Post by srcudlipp »

Alex,

Not surprised to see you & Will in a band - you were always the enterprising ones in Middleton - I think I still owe you two quid from the Roulette you used to con use with.

Give my regards to Will, and let us know when you Website is up & running

Stu
Mid B / A 1984 - 1989
Alex S-B
2nd Former

Post by Alex S-B »

Hey Stu,

Good to hear from you, and I'll pass on your regards to Will. The website has got a bit more content on it now, including some photos of us at the Marquee. Don't be alarmed by Will's appearance, though - it's not him, as he was still in India.

Also, we've got a few more gigs in April and May if you can make it (they're on the 'GIGS' page).

Cheers,

Al
timpuk
2nd Former

radio play

Post by timpuk »

yeah can i get a free cd as well? i can get you played on the radio and stuff init