Trying to find photos of my brother - 64 -70

Post any pictures of your time at CH, or pictures of people/places at CH now - what's changed over the past years? What's good/what's bad?

Moderator: Moderators

Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Trying to find photos of my brother - 64 -70

Post by Euterpe13 »

Does anyone have any Thornton , Leigh Hunt or Band photos from 64 to 69 ?
I'm trying to find photos of my brother, Peter Borgars. We lost all photos from that era in a fire, and Peter sadly died in 1987 - any info or links to sites / sources would be greatly appreciated .
Many thanks
B.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Euterpe 13,

I'm very sorry to read of the death of your brother, Peter. I didn't know him that well as we were in different houses but we were in the sicker together at one time. He had suffered a fractured jaw if I remember rightly.

I believe Peter was in Thornton B. If you look in the back of The Blue the Thornton B Association have regular reunions. It might be that the contact in The Blue can point you in the direction of photos or somebody that has them.

If you don't get The Blue reply here and I will look up the details for you and post them on here.

Once again very sorry to read of Peter's death.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

Thank you for the kind comments - he did indeed have a fractured jaw, got badly tackled during rugger. Shame, he was shaping to become a good full back- never got his nerve back again, and gave up rugger.

I remember meeting him at St.Mathew's Day with his jaw wired, but nevertheless playing in the Band - was pissed off because he could only eat through a straw !

Will certainly try the OB Thornton's.

thanks again for replying
B.
Nick Boyd
2nd Former

Photos -Peter

Post by Nick Boyd »

I have 2 photos, which I shall scan, when scanner is working again. Prep Rugby team 1966, and Prep play of same year I think. Nick
Digby
2nd Former

Band pix 63-70

Post by Digby »

Only recently found out this website!

I remember Peter's name and I was in the band at that time, so I must have known him. The band and Orchestra was a squite a small community. I am really sorry to hear of his death. I am sure I have some photos of the band as I was in it 63-70 as a drummer. I need to find them - must be in the loft I think, and scan them in Jan when I am back at work.

What instrument did Peter play?
Euterpe13
Button Grecian

Post by Euterpe13 »

Hi Digby -

although Peter played the piano, he played side-drums in the Band, so you must have pictures of the 2 of you together ! I would be very grateful to have any photos - if you have several, I will let you have my e-mail and you can send me direct. You and I are the same age, so you would have been a year ahead of my brother.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply to this
Barbara
Hertford - 5s/2s - 63-70
" I wish I were what I was when I wanted to be what I am now..."