OLD BLUES 86 - 89, DEC 04

Post any pictures of your time at CH, or pictures of people/places at CH now - what's changed over the past years? What's good/what's bad?

Moderator: Moderators

Gripper
2nd Former

Post by Gripper »

They are still way too big and scary for me!
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

kara wrote:fascinating - I remember Debbie Hawkins, but those girls were way too big & scary for me to talk to!
....... as opposed to big & hairy ??
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
hoob
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by hoob »

Found this site yesterday, bringing back soooo many memories....Scared me the other day to think that nearly 20 years had passed and I haven't managed to get back.

Remember all you lot too :shock:
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

Just seen this thread, Jo Hills is my niece, a third generation Blue!

Is anyone in touch with Kara who posted from Borneo? We had three postings there and loved it, Sarawak was perhaps the best of the three but difficult to decide.
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
Alexandra Thrift
Deputy Grecian

Post by Alexandra Thrift »

Nice to see a pic of your niece Katharine (Dobson/Hills) ! Didn't I read a bit more about your family( Great Aunt?) and CH links in the recent Old Blue...I must have another look!

I recognise Rebecca Wharton in Gripper's pic. I met her at the Hertford Old Girls Day at Horsham last April. She was there with her much older sister Valerie,who was a contemporary of mine.

The funny thing is I had already met Rebecca once ..about 35 (?) years before when Valerie's Dad, the Reverend Wharton bought in his new baby daughter to show off to the girls in Sixes dayroom.It was a very special moment of joy as Valerie's young brother Terence ( whom we all knew) had succumbed to cancer the year before and we had all shared the grief of the family.

It was lovely to see Valerie again last year , along with Rebecca. We all sat and sang together in the choir for the chapel service.Elaine Appleby was also there and sang the responses beautifully. Amazing.
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

Alexandra Thrift wrote:Nice to see a pic of your niece Katharine (Dobson/Hills) ! Didn't I read a bit more about your family( Great Aunt?) and CH links in the recent Old Blue...I must have another look!
Alex, my Aunt Helen's obituary was in the lates issue of the Old Blue, a true daughter of CH is there ever was one.

If you look at viewtopic.php?p=14380&highlight=#14380 you will see the story of my family's links with CH.
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
Fertii
LE (Little Erasmus)

Post by Fertii »

I remember kissing Debbie when I was but a mere UF boy.......