Death of the 'Cherry Picker'

Post any pictures of your time at CH, or pictures of people/places at CH now - what's changed over the past years? What's good/what's bad?

Moderator: Moderators

Mark1
GE (Great Erasmus)

Death of the 'Cherry Picker'

Post by Mark1 »

This picture (of Yevgeni's, I admit) has already been posted on the Christ's Hospital Blog - I thought I post it here anyway, in case anyone had missed it...
Not sure if any of the younger Old Blues remember these big, red 'cherry pickers', but this was the scene on the avenue for a couple of days a few weeks ago. ( It took them ages to work out how to sort it out!). Surely there's some major design flaw here... :?: :?: :?:

Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

How did that happen? It's brilliant!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Mark1
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Mark1 »

one can only guess...

perhaps a competition is in order here, for most creative explanation - i see from precedents, such as the origins of Peele A (viewtopic.php?t=429), described by Hendrik, there are some truely ingenious explanations that could be thought up...

come on, see what you can think of!
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Post by Mrs C. »

Well I`ll keep quiet then because I know what happened - but I look forward to reading peoples ideas!

:)
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

The only thing I can think of is that it was being driven with the cherry picker bit extended and it went over a road bump!
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Hendrik
Deputy Grecian

Post by Hendrik »

Mark1 wrote:one can only guess...

perhaps a competition is in order here, for most creative explanation - i see from precedents, such as the origins of Peele A (viewtopic.php?t=429), described by Hendrik, there are some truely ingenious explanations that could be thought up...

come on, see what you can think of!
my explanation of peele a was not 'creative', based on extensive research and hard science i'll have you know.

as for the cherry picker, it is quite clear to me that it was caused by an over-excited giraffe in musth. any other explanation would involve CH hiring an absolute cretin to carry out maintenance work, which they don't, and never have. and any vast evidence to suggest that they do hire cretins must have been fabricated to bring the foundation into disrepute.

Regards,
A. L. MONER

p.s. Freemasonry has absolutely nothing to do with it, or any other contracting decisions. anyone who says otherwise must be a criminal so shut up or we'll cut out your tongue and arrange for you to accidentally fall down an open mine-shaft.