Law Graduate with Legal Practice Certificate [ASAP]

Looking for a job? Want a work experience placement?
Find jobs advertised by Old Blues.
Post a "JOB WANTED" advert.
Advertise your jobs to other Old Blues.
Please delete your ads once expired - all post will be removed after 60 days....

Moderator: Moderators

Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Law Graduate with Legal Practice Certificate [ASAP]

Post by Mid A 15 »

seeks work in the legal profession.

My daughter has LLB (with French) and has also achieved a commended pass in her legal practice certificate.

Can anyone offer her a training contract or interim paralegal work, preferably in Kent? Her preferred area of law is Commercial Property.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Deb GP
Deputy Grecian

Post by Deb GP »

My husband is in this field. The only way he managed to get a training contract was to be a Paralegal for a bit. He started through an agency (UK Project Support). When after a while internal openings cam up, he applied - et voila. Lots of people appear to have taken this route in his firm. I don't thinkt he old boy's network is quite what it was.

As for working for a regional firm it's sometimes better to start off at a big firm and then once qualified scale down. It's almost impossible to do it the other way around so I gather. This of course presumes you've got a 2.1 degree and a distinction in the LPC.

A good place to find out about legal firms is on RollonFriday.com
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Deb GP wrote:My husband is in this field. The only way he managed to get a training contract was to be a Paralegal for a bit. He started through an agency (UK Project Support). When after a while internal openings cam up, he applied - et voila. Lots of people appear to have taken this route in his firm. I don't thinkt he old boy's network is quite what it was.

As for working for a regional firm it's sometimes better to start off at a big firm and then once qualified scale down. It's almost impossible to do it the other way around so I gather. This of course presumes you've got a 2.1 degree and a distinction in the LPC.

A good place to find out about legal firms is on RollonFriday.com
Thanks for replying. I shall e mail her a link to this thread.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72