Paralegal Work

Looking for a job? Want a work experience placement?
Find jobs advertised by Old Blues.
Post a "JOB WANTED" advert.
Advertise your jobs to other Old Blues.
Please delete your ads once expired - all post will be removed after 60 days....

Moderator: Moderators

Spartacist
3rd Former

Paralegal Work

Post by Spartacist »

Dear All,

I am currently in my third year of University having studied Law, and will soon be looking for work as a Paralegal.

I have decided not to take a risk regarding the LPC, as there is no guarantee of employment in this current climate of uncertainty!
Are there any firms currently looking to recruit Paralegals within Personal Injury, Family/Child Law, Criminal Law, Insolvency Law? These are probably the areas I would consider myself strongest in, but would be willing to look into other alternatives!

I am also very interested in combating Fraud, so if there happens to be anyone who works in that area, please get in touch!

While on my summer break last year, I worked with Horsham District Council's Legal Dept, and have gained invaluable experience while there!

I have already written a professional CV, and will be circulating it in due course!
I will be moving back to West Sussex, and live (conveniently) close to one of the Portsmouth/Victoria line train stations and will be happy to travel as far as London/Portsmouth.

If anyone is interested, or feels they can help, I will leave contact details below.

Sincerest Regards,
S.Jones

Email: shane.jones@student.anglia.ac.uk
And In My Heart You May Die
Mrs C.
Button Grecian

Re: Paralegal Work

Post by Mrs C. »

I hope someone will be able to help you Shane.
The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
Spartacist
3rd Former

Post by Spartacist »

Mrs C. wrote:I hope someone will be able to help you Shane.
Hi there Mrs Chandler,

It is not urgent, but I would rather work within the OB's network. I have already made one application and been told to speak to them when I have finished University as they would like to "see what they can do for me"... So it isn't a massive issue, but I was hoping to network with some OB's.

I hope you are well, and thanks for the post!

Kind Regards

Shane
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Shane - have you seen: http://www.chassociation.org/news/index.php#737

Also - the OB drinks in London this Thursday - see http://www.chassociation.org/events/index.php
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
Spartacist
3rd Former

Post by Spartacist »

Great Plum wrote:Shane - have you seen: http://www.chassociation.org/news/index.php#737

Also - the OB drinks in London this Thursday - see http://www.chassociation.org/events/index.php

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the comment, much appreciated.

RE: London OB's drinks on Thursday, I feel it maybe impossible to get there as I have Lectures on both the Thursday and Friday! I have been in contact with a barrister who I met through one of the CHOBA emails which advertised legal services, but he dealt in property law/trust and equity law which is something I would rather avoid! Plus he said he probably could not help regarding a job, but was very happy to talk and give advice on a career path! It was helpful indeed!

If come summer there happen to be reunions and various networking events taking place, and I have not found anything, I will ensure I take the opportunity given that I should be more local and have no excuse not to!

Kind Regards,
Shane