London Gap Year Placement WANTED

Looking for a job? Want a work experience placement?
Find jobs advertised by Old Blues.
Post a "JOB WANTED" advert.
Advertise your jobs to other Old Blues.
Please delete your ads once expired - all post will be removed after 60 days....

Moderator: Moderators

kyl_11
2nd Former

London Gap Year Placement WANTED

Post by kyl_11 »

Dear Old Blues,

I am currently a student in my final year at Christ's Hospital looking for a gap year placement in the financial/banking/consultancy/law sector.

I would like to take a break from my studies, but use this time to broaden my experience of industry and this would be a very worthwhile foundation and opportunity for my future. Having taken a year out, I would like to apply to Oxford University to study LLB Law or LSE to study BSC Anthropology and Law.

At school, I am working towards completing a Securities & Investment Institute 'Introduction to Investment Banking' course in my own time. I have had the opportunity to do some work experience at a Lloyds Broker Insurance Firm which I thoroughly enjoyed. From auditing company accounts to analysing annual turnover and expenses, this brief insight into the world of insurance overwhelmed me and visiting the Lloyds building made me realise that Insurance was more than just something you could buy at Tesco! I have also worked with my mother for a few weeks and am planning on attending court hearings over the holidays.

Any opportunities or advice would be most grateful.
Thank you.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Re: London Gap Year Placement WANTED

Post by jtaylor »

Have forwarded to a mate who works at JP Morgan - might be able to help, but no promises!

Julian
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

Can you confirm what timescales/dates you're looking at asap??

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
kyl_11
2nd Former

Post by kyl_11 »

I apologise for the late response.
I was looking for a placement that runs for around six months or more,
I would be available to work from late july 2010- september 2011.

Thank you