Experience in the Diplomatic service wanted

Looking for a job? Want a work experience placement?
Find jobs advertised by Old Blues.
Post a "JOB WANTED" advert.
Advertise your jobs to other Old Blues.
Please delete your ads once expired - all post will be removed after 60 days....

Moderator: Moderators

lukenewham
2nd Former

Experience in the Diplomatic service wanted

Post by lukenewham »

Hi,

My name is Luke Newham, and I left CH in 2007. I am currently an undergrad studying Biochemistry at Oxford Uni, and have realised that pursuing a career directly related to Science is not for me. I was wondering whether anyone could help me gain some experience in the Diplomatic service as this field interests me?

Any help would much appreciated!

Luke
Luke Newham
Peele B 00 - 07
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Re: Experience in the Diplomatic service wanted

Post by jtaylor »

Only just spotted this.
Have you tried contacting the CHA Office?? The Old Blues Careers Network may be able to help - there's a record of people who've offered to help with careers advice for Blues and Old Blues, and there may be someone in that field.

Alternatively, join Linked In (www.linkedin.com) if you've not already, and then join the Old Blue section. You can then ask a question....
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=87763

This group currently has 198 members, and has been growing quite quickly in the last month or so.
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Laura M
Deputy Grecian

Re: Experience in the Diplomatic service wanted

Post by Laura M »

I recently took the civil service fast stream assessments (not actually for the civil service but for the police, long story and irrelevant), in order to get into the diplomatic service you must be the best of the best, my advice would be to start prepping now for the assessment process (I was kinda forced into taking them at short notice and although my pass mark would have gotten me a job in central departments it was nowhere near good enough for the Diplomatic service). Why not apply for this years intake for the civil service fast stream just to see what it's like, you can apply every year so it won't hurt your chances but from what I can gather some people take the tests ahead of leaving uni just for practice.

If you want pm me and I'll send you my results transcript as it covers very well exactly what they're looking for.
Two men lying in a bed, one rolled over to the other and said, 'I'm gonna lead me a life of danger, I'm gonna marry a WESSEX RANGER!'
BaA 97-03 GrW 03-04