Karim's sentence hearing

This section was setup in August 2018 in order to move the existing related discussions from other sections into this new section to group them together, and separate from the other CH-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

richardb
Forum Moderator

Re: Karim's sentence hearing

Post by richardb »

I don't know any of the staff now which is a reflection of my own creeping middle age.
Molesworth 2
2nd Former

Post by Molesworth 2 »

I was there in the mid 90s and was surprised by how many of the staff I knew from those days are still there or may have returned after a break.
At another school I attended only the PE teacher remained 20 years down the line.
Avon
Deputy Grecian

Post by Avon »

LHA wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:33 am Have a read of these reports (NB they are a distressing read, right from the start).

CH deserves its very own version I'm afraid.

https://www.iicsa.org.uk/news/inquiry-p ... d-downside
This. I want this. An independent enquiry into the School to understand and publicly identify rights and wrongs. No OB anywhere near the panel.

Letters to the HM and the expectation of a meaningful reply are a waste of effort. It seems like Reid is open and honourable, but the apparatus behind him is not.

I want the necessary decades put under the spotlight and the School scurrying around the hamster wheel, not us trying to beat at the school’s door with pap about ‘truth and reconciliation’.

How to stand up iicsa and get them to do this?
Scazza
UF (Upper Fourth)

Post by Scazza »

Edited
Last edited by Scazza on Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avon
Deputy Grecian

Post by Avon »

Scazza wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:22 pm Their response? Nothing (yet... but we're past their 3 week service agreement for responding.)
CH has probably lit up their switchboard like a Christmas Tree.
rockfreak
Grecian

Post by rockfreak »

I had one of my mischievous thoughts the other day. Was it wise of Karim to big up his Ugandan refugee status in his defence? He's perhaps not au fait with Private Eye which use to refer to sexual misdemeanours as Ugandan relations.