WHERE IS CHOBA?

This section was setup in August 2018 in order to move the existing related discussions from other sections into this new section to group them together, and separate from the other CH-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

Foureyes
Grecian

WHERE IS CHOBA?

Post by Foureyes »

In all this turmoil in the Old Blue community, there is one body which is deafeningly silent. So, I would like to ask 'where is the Christ's Hospital Old Blues' Association board'? By this I do not mean the non-Old Blue Development Office suits in the Counting House, but the Old Blues on the Board, who are supposed to be looking after Old Blue interests. Perhaps, the Chairman of the Board would care to tell us where he and his Board stand on the sexual harassment, Husband, Dobbie, etc issues.
:shock: David
richardb
Forum Moderator

Re: WHERE IS CHOBA?

Post by richardb »

Foureyes wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:41 pm In all this turmoil in the Old Blue community, there is one body which is deafeningly silent. So, I would like to ask 'where is the Christ's Hospital Old Blues' Association board'? By this I do not mean the non-Old Blue Development Office suits in the Counting House, but the Old Blues on the Board, who are supposed to be looking after Old Blue interests. Perhaps, the Chairman of the Board would care to tell us where he and his Board stand on the sexual harassment, Husband, Dobbie, etc issues.
:shock: David
An excellent question.
yamaha
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by yamaha »

With a name like that I'm guessing Slovakia.
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

All they are interested in is the big machine turning over money for the Foundation.
yamaha
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by yamaha »

coliemore
3rd Former

Post by coliemore »

richardb wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:19 pm All they are interested in is the big machine turning over money for the Foundation.
I suggest that "Petition 2018" be launched to Council via Foureyes and a group of committed Old Blues - meeting in London to wordsmith such a brief "Petition 2018" - for a "Truth & Reconciliation Inquiry" - also politely asking CHOBA for support in promulgating this idea via the CHOBA Newsletter and to garner signatories. Michele Davies/Julian Taylor might help as with "Petition 1552" in 2015.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

David - you’re excellent at volunteering other people for things, but as I’ve made clear in other posts I’m more than absorbed, and not appropriate to lead this. No matter how many times you suggest I lead it, it won’t make that position change!
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Katharine
Button Grecian

Post by Katharine »

You can count me out as well, David. I've got more than enough on my hands at the moment, having just taken on a big commitment which will last for at least the next five years.
Katharine Dobson (Hills) 6.14, 1959 - 1965
Avon
Deputy Grecian

Post by Avon »

Nuts to CHOBA. Why should it come out of its reverie and do this? It hasn’t the skills or inclination.

This situation is rapidly approaching the point where an independent public enquiry is indicated.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I certainly don't have the time or health with a semi-disabled wife and after suffering a stroke myself.

I certainly agree a public enquiry would be for the best. Maybe the sitting Judge could suggest such an action.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Scazza
UF (Upper Fourth)

Post by Scazza »

Avon wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:31 pm Nuts to CHOBA. Why should it come out of its reverie and do this? It hasn’t the skills or inclination.

This situation is rapidly approaching the point where an independent public enquiry is indicated.
Id like the school to sort it voluntarily but you can't even lead a horse to the water sometimes.

The independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse is tailor made to investigate what went wrong, why and ensure changes have been made, so some reputational positive could potentially come out of it:

https://www.iicsa.org.uk/