A post on behalf of one of the Dobbie/Husband victims

This section was setup in August 2018 in order to move the existing related discussions from other sections into this new section to group them together, and separate from the other CH-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

Golfer
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: A post on behalf of one of the Dobbie/Husband victims

Post by Golfer »

Kerry's story is worrying. In my day the donation governors didn't pay anything like the full fees, so the CH Foundation was effectively leveraging this low life governor's "bargaining power" in his attempted seedy transaction.
DazedandConfused
Deputy Grecian

Post by DazedandConfused »

Golfer wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:15 pm Kerry's story is worrying. In my day the donation governors didn't pay anything like the full fees
I had no idea that was the case, although it makes sense I suppose. Out of interest, apart from the obvious beneficiaries of the West fund etc who wore badges on their uniform, did the teaching staff know who paid what in terms of fees?
Golfer
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by Golfer »

No. That information would stay with the Counting House. Occasionally donation governors might visit a pupil in school and house parents would be aware of that, but I don't think all such pupils were on full fee remission as the CH definition of "need" was not just financial.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

FYI, I have had a very helpful call with the BSB this week, and have started the process of getting them in touch - they’re very keen to help however they can.

The BSB can be a fantastic independent conduit for channelling any support which anyone would like to offer, with established definitions of need etc and all sorts of support and advice they can offer.
Their resources are however limited to the extent that their 100% donation-funded, and therefore rely on Old Blues primarily for their funding - so do donate and join if you’re able.

Www.bluessupportingblues.com
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
yamaha
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by yamaha »

A good way to help might be to assist in finding the best plaintiffs' attorney to obtain compensation.
The case could be presumably be taken on a contingency fee basis but if not the cost could be underwritten by well-wishers, the knowledge of which should induce CH and the others to settle their obligations without litigation.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

Golfer wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:15 pm Kerry's story is worrying. In my day the donation governors didn't pay anything like the full fees, so the CH Foundation was effectively leveraging this low life governor's "bargaining power" in his attempted seedy transaction.
I and my co-foundation beneficiary went to CH in 1953 and probably 2 years later; our foundation governor was by then an elderly lady. She would have bought two foundations for a total of £5000 and could have two boys as pupils continuously at the school provided they started before she died.
My mother would not have paid anything but I have no idea about the other boy's family. (He also was in Col A in my time but I discovered the connection in the past 20 years)
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
coliemore
3rd Former

Post by coliemore »

This is to endorse all the compassionate messages in response to this courageous post by someone horribly abused who now indeed warrants full compensation without ado. I join those who would like to see those who have been abused suitably compensated without protracted legal proceedings. This could be part of a Petition to Council?
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

David - re petition - what you’re doing is called “cross-posting” - posting effectively the same post on every available topic, and this leads to topics getting hijacked with a single message. This is regarded as showing poor etiquette in a forum - like passing the port to the right.

You’ve created a topic on your petition idea elsewhere - let’s keep discussion about that there, not in every other topic please.
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
RemedyLaw
3rd Former

Post by RemedyLaw »

It takes great courage and bravery to make the step into the unknown and make disclosure. For each person that does, it provides as inspiration and support for another.

Nobody knows what the outcome will be, the timescales involved nor the intensity of the proceedings until they have made such step, but united in force in bringing perpetrators to justice empowers each individual with indirect support they may just need to keep going.

I applaud every single individual who came forward to bring these men to task for their heinous crimes and am hopefuly that in doing so they may have achieved some semblance of justice or closure.
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

VerisonaLaw wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:50 am It takes great courage and bravery to make the step into the unknown and make disclosure. For each person that does, it provides as inspiration and support for another.

Nobody knows what the outcome will be, the timescales involved nor the intensity of the proceedings until they have made such step, but united in force in bringing perpetrators to justice empowers each individual with indirect support they may just need to keep going.

I applaud every single individual who came forward to bring these men to task for their heinous crimes and am hopefuly that in doing so they may have achieved some semblance of justice or closure.
Following on from this, the more people that come forward the better. The more complete the picture, the harder it is for the school to argue against.

I agree that it takes great courage and bravery, and so far more than 20 people have shown that.