The trial of James Andrew Husband and Gary Dobbie

This section was setup in August 2018 in order to move the existing related discussions from other sections into this new section to group them together, and separate from the other CH-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

richardb
Forum Moderator

Re: The trial of James Andrew Husband and Gary Dobbie

Post by richardb »

There are a number of features the press haven't picked up on. It's usually press incompetence.

Karim may have got more column inches because he had a higher public profile with his squash activities.
Janey Jam-Jar
UF (Upper Fourth)

Post by Janey Jam-Jar »

J.R. wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:21 pm Hi Janey and welcome to the Forum.
Thanks 🙂 I was on here years ago as cj but can’t retrieve my personal login stuff. So new identity.
There are one or two things regarding the accused which have become somewhat obscured during the trial. You will have noticed by now there are about three of us 'posters' following the case very very closely.
I’m following as far as I can but without the legal/judicial knowledge some of you have.
Genereal concensus of opinins is, IF 'Guilty' verdicts are returned by the jury, and I say IF in the interests of fairness, then the press will have a field day digging out ALL the dirt.
And the sh1t might (in the interests of fairness) hit the fan.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Court has adjourned for lunch until this afternoon.

Witness 22 is currently giving evidence.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Janey Jam-Jar
UF (Upper Fourth)

Post by Janey Jam-Jar »

Mid A 15 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:25 pm
Janey Jam-Jar wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:12 pm Does anyone know why the press have not referred to Dobbie as the Chaplain, just as ‘teacher’ or ‘housemaster’? One of the complainants reported her abuse by JAH to ‘the Chaplain’ but it was never taken any further. Why haven’t they made the link?
Good to see you back CJ!

Hope all is well with you and your family. The children must be teenagers or nearly so by now.

The legal eagles on here advise not talking too much about specifics whilst the trials are in progress. That said I'll be surprised if the link isn't (or hasn't already been) made. It may simply be a journalistic oversight.

Karim's case seemed to attract rather more press attention during the actual trial than these two or Burr and Webb earlier.

No idea why.
Hello 👋

The kids are virtually pensioned off now, thanks for asking - 23 (and teaching in Kent), 14 and on the GCSE path, and 9 wanting to play professionally for Arsenal. We can but hope ... Hubby still working and I’m training to be a counsellor/psychotherapist hence the reference to Nick Duffell and Joy Schaverien.

I’m trying to be as non-specific about the whole thing given that all these posts are easily accessed by anyone. There’s no discussion on the FB page either while it’s happening. Hope I didn’t say anything out of place.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

You're OK CJ. I seem to spend most of my home time checking this thread when it gets busy.

You can bet someone at CH is constantly monitoring as well.
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

I would guess that the solicitors for the accused are watching too!!
marty
Grecian

Post by marty »

richardb wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:45 pm I am sure it is all an unfortunate coincidence but Andrew Husband of Pickering Town Council is Mr JA Husband. Over the last 3-4 weeks his duties have been performed by an Acting Town Clerk.

How odd.
As others have said it is the same person but what's not clear is if he has always used Andrew as a first name (rather than James) or if he's switched to using it in recent times for whatever reason.

So I've been following this thread very closely but have refrained from posting as I was in the same house as Mr Husband's sons. I simply can't imagine what they are going through right now.

I think someone earlier in this thread asked when Mr Husband left CH - he was my history teacher and he left at the end of the Summer Term of 1994. I remember clearly turning up to my history class a week or so before my GCSE exam only to be told by another teacher that he wouldn't be coming back. Great. We were never given any form of explanation by the school, nor to my knowledge were my parents informed by phone call or letter. All 'information' was via the rumour mill or from simply being in the same house as his sons.

What is worrying is that I can recall several other occasions where teachers simply vanished never to be seen or heard of again.

The crimes (if proven) are bad enough but the "hush it up, move on, nothing to see here" method practised by those in charge is particularly shocking.
My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that.
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

Husband arrived in September 1974 and was always known as Andrew.

The agenda/minutes for Pickering Town Council refer to him as "Mr JA Husband" in the early days which is a bit of a give away.

The school has a lot of answering to do, as is emphasised by how many old blues are now following and posting on this thread.
Janey Jam-Jar
UF (Upper Fourth)

Post by Janey Jam-Jar »

DELETE on behalf of user
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

Pickering is surrounded by small parish councils. Husband appears to have have undertaken auditing works for some of those councils which suggests that he has obtained some alternative qualifications.

Rather ominously he sold his house in February of this year.
marty
Grecian

Post by marty »

richardb wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:40 pm Rather ominously he sold his house in February of this year.
Sorry Richard but why is selling his house ominous? Surely his pleading not-guilty means he is not anticipating being housed in "alternative accommodation"?
My therapist says I have a preoccupation with vengeance. We’ll see about that.
richardb
Forum Moderator

Post by richardb »

"Putting his affairs in order".
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

marty wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:59 pm
richardb wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:40 pm Rather ominously he sold his house in February of this year.
Sorry Richard but why is selling his house ominous? Surely his pleading not-guilty means he is not anticipating being housed in "alternative accommodation"?

That would depend heavily on what his 'brief' advised him !
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Looks like an adjournment until 10:15. Says 19th, but must be tomorrow, 20th.
michael scuffil
Button Grecian

Post by michael scuffil »

Karim's case seemed to attract rather more press attention during the actual trial than these two or Burr and Webb earlier.

No idea why.
Solely on the basis of what I've read on this forum (I know none of the accused or any of the background), it is not too difficult to see why. The evidence, shall we say, was more haptic.
Th.B. 27 1955-63