Ajaz Karim found guilty

This section was setup in August 2018 in order to move the existing related discussions from other sections into this new section to group them together, and separate from the other CH-related topics.

Moderator: Moderators

Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Re: Ajaz Karim found guilty

Post by Mid A 15 »

As the father of 3 daughters I have one observation.

How come, in a co-educational environment, a male teacher was apparently allowed to massage or even mix with naked or semi naked female pupils without a female (teacher, matron) being present?
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
rockfreak
Grecian

Post by rockfreak »

I'm the father of three daughters as well. They all went to the local comprehensive and were pretty streetwise. I believe that if anything like this had happened to them my wife and I would have heard about it pretty quickly. From them. This is one of the reasons why I believe boarding schools should be closed down. They encourage predatory behaviour by teachers who are so inclined, and unwordly doziness from some of the pupils.
Avon
Deputy Grecian

Post by Avon »

rockfreak wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:39 pm...and unwordly doziness from some of the pupils.
Is that what you think of the victims of Karim?
aliburns
3rd Former

Post by aliburns »

Post Removed by Author
Last edited by aliburns on Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I cannot find any reason for deletion or editing of the above . BUT...... please think twice before typing.

There could still be the chance of an appeal after sentencing is handed down.

One good thing about 'Operation Yew Tree' and the BBC scandels is that it has persuaded people to speak out at last
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

Spoonbill wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:29 pm I remember going along to a House Baths session when I was 14 and being struck down by a nasty bout of cramp in one of my legs while I was swimming, so I hauled myself out onto the side of the pool. The master who was supervising the session saw that I had cramp, so he hunkered down at the poolside and massaged my calf till the pain went away. Bearing in mind that I was only wearing a pair of swimming trunks at the time, should I consider myself to have been indecently assaulted?

If not, then why is Ajaz Karim facing a gaol sentence? The only difference seems to be that Ajaz Karim was a bit of a creep with a very large ego, while the master who massaged my leg wasn't.
Spoony, over the years I and others have greatly enjoyed your occasional tendency to launch a Barnes Wallis bouncing bomb on here and wait for the inevitable fall out.

However, even if your tongue is partly in your cheek, you cannot seriously compare what was effectively emergency first aid to your semi naked form in full view of a crowded swimming pool with what has been described on this and other threads.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

J.R. wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:25 pm I cannot find any reason for deletion or editing of the above . BUT...... please think twice before typing.

One good thing about 'Operation Yew Tree' and the BBC scandals is that it has persuaded people to speak out at last
Fair point John.

We do need to remember to be circumspect still in what we write although, like you, I can see nothing wrong or prejudicial thus far from my limited knowledge.

(p.s. Ooops: just spotted and edited my glaring spelling mistake !!)
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
aliburns
3rd Former

Post by aliburns »

deleted
Last edited by aliburns on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aliburns
3rd Former

Post by aliburns »

deleted
Last edited by aliburns on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

aliburns wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:53 pm
J.R. wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:25 pm I cannot find any reason for deletion or editing of the above . BUT...... please think twice before typing.

One good thing about 'Operation Yew Tree' and the BBC scandels is that it has persuaded people to speak out at last
aliburns wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:52 am
Presumably someone was complaining about what I wrote in my post.

Maybe one of his 'friends' made the complaint!!

Let me assure our members that I don't make allegations without foundations. I have reported the whole matter recently to the Police, who sadly cannot take any further action because "Corporal Punishment" wasn't illegal then. They did, however tell me that this person should not be allowed to work with children again.

I have however spoken to a couple of journalists of national newspapers who will keep the information for possible future reference. This person ruined my childhood and those of many others and it is only right that he should be punished for it.

One last question, why does everyone seem to hide behind pseudonyms? Yours fraternally, AliBurns
Not me !!

Never have on any site I regularly use.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
aliburns
3rd Former

Post by aliburns »

deleted
Last edited by aliburns on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michael scuffil
Button Grecian

Post by michael scuffil »

Mid A 15 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:16 pm As the father of 3 daughters I have one observation.

How come, in a co-educational environment, a male teacher was apparently allowed to massage or even mix with naked or semi naked female pupils without a female (teacher, matron) being present?
As the father of two daughters, I find that an excellent question. Looking for a state school with boarding accommodation for one of them at 6th-form level, we viewed two. Both provided comprehensive tours of the school and its facilities. But in one (Steyning Grammar), we never actually met a female member of staff. This was the final straw.
Th.B. 27 1955-63
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

J.R. wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:21 pm
aliburns wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:53 pm

One last question, why does everyone seem to hide behind pseudonyms? Yours fraternally, AliBurns
Not me !!

Never have on any site I regularly use.
Nor I
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)
aliburns
3rd Former

Post by aliburns »

deleted
Last edited by aliburns on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aliburns
3rd Former

Post by aliburns »

Just to let you people know that I have removed my post re a master because an administrator has edited my piece in such a way that I am apparently now accusing just one of two "masters" and not one of four. (Edited by admin)

The administrator has also said that he has recently received many complaints about many posts, yet he has only edited mine. This level of interference is totally unacceptable and as such shows that maybe this forum is run by someone who isn't qualified to run it.

(edited by admin.)

OMG he's done it again. The administrator has edited this post - without my permission and shows that he is intolerant of anyone saying "No" to him. He says that as he set up the forum he's entitled to do what he wants. So very clearly he doesn't allow FREE SPEECH.

As for making accusations against anyone, I only implied without saying who it was. Right now I think he is someone who may be a friend of the person concerned which is why he seems hell bent on silencing me. Is he a Freemason too? Don't worry I shall get my justice, though it was good for a while to unburden myself of the hurt and betrayal that I had felt for so many years.

To the person who thinks he is God - can you be any more pompous? Clearly you are someone who thinks a great deal of himself even though I think you are something of a zealous despot. You are certainly no credit to the School. PS The case against the ex-Junior Housemaster, NOT Housemaster, is growing as I have a national newspaper interested and am in talks with them. Revenge is best served cold!!! Good riddance!

PPS You do know that it is illegal NOT to have the means on any website/email, private or public, to allow users to delete their own account and data. It is also illegal to keep any data on someone, even for a moment. It is not enough, any more, to require users to contact Admin to have their data erased when they want it to be erased. I think you may be in for a £10,000 fine - I'll see what I can do. I suggest you consult the Data Protection Act
Last edited by aliburns on Sun May 06, 2018 3:21 am, edited 10 times in total.