Tom Lawson: the interview

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Foureyes
Grecian
Has thanked: 0

Re: Tom Lawson: the interview

Post by Foureyes » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:58 pm

Great Plum wrote:

"I think with child protection issues, it would be difficult to allow old blues a space within the ring fence that they can just turn up in..."

With respect, that was not what I suggested at all. Of course, visiting Old Blues would have to go through the same security checks as everybody else - I never suggested anything else. Indeed, they could not get into the estate without passing through 'security' at what used to be the Tuck Shop. But that does not mean that it would not be pleasant for them to have a room where they could sit down and relax for a few minutes during the course of a visit lasting several hours and a lot of walking. Further, it would be very simple to impose a rule that no current pupils were allowed in the room.

A further point is that next door to the old 'club room' was a toilet, which enabled Old Blues to use it without going to one of the toilets also used by pupils. And believe me, the vast majority of Old Blues over 60 will want to relieve themselves at least once.Now where do they go?
David :shock:

sejintenej
Button Grecian

Re: Tom Lawson: the interview

Post by sejintenej » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:09 pm

jhopgood wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:28 am
This should probably go in a Thread called, "Promises CH made but never completed."
Do you really want such a thread? It could become unweildy and run the risk of libel
To cut a long story short, it was never returned, and when CHOBA took over from CHC, we were promised a replacement room and £8,000 was put aside to furnish this room.

Again, nothing has happened and the money seems to have been absorbed elsewhere.
I am sure there are good reasons for all f this, but one of the things we complained about in the past, was lack of information on things that could affect OB's.
This still appears to be the case.
I suspect that they couldn't risk OBs running loose on school property and telling pupils our version of the truth as well as the problem of us giving three months notice to the security wallahs so we could be checked out.
‘So, still happy you voted for my namesake who took away your health insurance, raised your taxes and should turn out to be a mental patient?’