Shakespeare plays at CH

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

rockfreak
Grecian

Re: Shakespeare plays at CH

Post by rockfreak »

But we still don't know when they stopped doing the bard - if indeed they have. Especially in light of what looks like the splendid modern day drama facilities.
sejintenej
Button Grecian

Post by sejintenej »

rockfreak wrote:But we still don't know when they stopped doing the bard - if indeed they have. .
That looks like you consider that they will decide / have decided to never do another Shakespeare play again. Surely they will use plays from the very many available including the bard. One element they must consider is copyright - anything semi-modern they have to fork out for but I guess Shakespeare is now free.
What happens if a politician drowns in a river? That is pollution.
What happens if all of them drown? That is solution!!!
michael scuffil
Button Grecian

Post by michael scuffil »

I guess Shakespeare is now free.

Shakespeare has always been free. Copyright didn't exist in his lifetime, and by the time it was introduced, his had long since expired.

Oscar Wilde is in the public domain, but Shaw not yet (soon will be). However, no permission or payment is needed for a private performance of anyone's work.
Th.B. 27 1955-63
Phil
3rd Former

Post by Phil »

I don't think so. He contested Rye (Sussex) in the Labour interest in 1979, but came third. He has however written on political philosophy.

Thanks Michael. Sorry.
jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood »

Joe Salkin was in Barnes A.
Does anyone know what happened to him after he left school? University? Then what? And now?

I have probably got this quite wrong, but the name rings a bell and I believe I did write in to the Blue about "Old Blue Coincidences", using this as an example.
As usual, got this slightly wrong.

The person I met in Amsterdam in 1983 was R J Salford, who was working for J Walter Thompson.

Found my letter in the Lent Term 1990 Blue.

Whilst browsing I discovered that in 1991 the Treasurer had suggested the possibility of "more children from families able to pay full costs in order that a greater number may be admitted who pay little or nothing". One Simon McKie (MA/TB 67 - 74) wrote forcefully on the matter.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)