JR?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

fra828
Grecian

JR?

Post by fra828 »

Where is JR?
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: JR?

Post by J.R. »

I've recently had all sorts of problems with home computer which I thought were resolved.

Still having problems with Windows Explorer which may due to an Error Message "XAHook.dll missing" which I cannot resolve.

Any computer buffs out there ?
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
eucsgmrc
GE (Great Erasmus)

Re: JR?

Post by eucsgmrc »

J.R. wrote:Still having problems with Windows Explorer which may due to an Error Message "XAHook.dll missing" which I cannot resolve.
A quick browse around the web reveals no authoritative description of XAHool.dll, but many dubious sites offering vague and untrustworthy advice. Some of them offer you the chance to download and install what they claim is XAHook.dll. My advice is: don't. You might be downloading malicious and dangerous software. If XAHook was genuine and necessary, there would be some clear explanation of it somewhere on the web.

So, if your problem isn't going to be fixed by installing XAHook.dll, what's to be done about it? I suggest we carry this conversation on by PM, unless somebody else wants to join in. Could you let me know what the problem actually is, and what version of Windows you're using?
John Wexler
Col A 1954-62