Shared Senior Drum Major

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

MrHigginson
2nd Former

Shared Senior Drum Major

Post by MrHigginson »

Hey there,

My name is Tom and I'm new here!

As two deputy Grecian drum majors, my colleague Henry and I have been appointed joint Senior drum major for (presumably) two years.

The bandmaster, Mr Terry Whittingham, seemed to imply that this has happened before.

Has anyone heard of this happening and what the general protocol was re switching coats etc? For interest more than anything else!

Thanks
alterblau
LE (Little Erasmus)

Re: Shared Senior Drum Major

Post by alterblau »

Many congratulations Tom and Henry!

I cannot help you, but please explain what “switching coats” means to an old, old OB, who long ago auditioned unsuccessfully to become a drum major?
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

I'm sure this must be a recent thing, or at least introduced well after my time.

It appears that todays drum-majors now wear a coat not unlike something from the cockney world of the Pearly Kings and Queens. Buttons everywhere.

Not to my taste I have to say, but then am old-school !!
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
zedajjane
2nd Former

Post by zedajjane »

Tom, this happened when I first joined the band on my third form. For that year 2007/2008 there were two drum majors, both Grecians, who shared the role with one doing the first half of the year and the other doing the latter. Their names are not in my memory bank but I am sure someone will know.
Peele A 2006/2012, Grecians West 2012/2013