Housey Rock

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

BTaylor
Deputy Grecian

Post by BTaylor »

To be honest I think the chances of it being pulled are very slim! A couple of weeks ago I happened to be in the offices of the financial PR agency handling the affairs of the production company. There were massive posters of the Simmonds publicity shot all over the place, in preparation for the reporting of their financial results to the city.

You don't stand up in front of your shareholders, extolling the virtues of the show and then pull it.

Be afraid, very afraid.
Thornton 85-92
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

Have seen the video clip on VH1 - a good taster but Oh! the poor Emperor!!

Speaking to Cornish Old Blues a couple of weeks ago, Dr Southern said he had seen the first four episodes. He thought that the publicity the school will receive will be good rather than bad and that he thought the youngsters came over particularly well.

He added that he had NOT been shown the last two episodes!

I can't wait.
David Eastburn (Prep B and Mid A 1947-55)
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

the emperor?
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

Each of the kids took a stage name for the show. The Emperor (who speaks Elvish!) was chosen as lead singer. There is a brief thumbnail portrait of the individuals of the group on the VH1 site.
Great Plum
Button Grecian

Post by Great Plum »

Ah, Josh Bell... I have had many a dealing with him when on socut trips before...
Maine B - 1992-95 Maine A 1995-99
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

Hey - Whad'ya know, folks! It's possible to view all episodes of Rock School in full once they have been shown on US TV (We are now coming up to episode 5).

It's a tad complicated (and it costs a little) but go to http://www.TVShows.org and take it from there. I think what I have viewed so far is great!
DavebytheSea
Forum Moderator

Post by DavebytheSea »

I have now downloaded the first 4 episodes from the internet and viewed 3. I think the programme is great if, at times, a little contrived; Mary Ireland (the Deputy Head) and Simmons himself seemed at times to be talking from a prepared script! ..... actually not that it mattered! what they did was quite amusing.

Generally I found the programme warm, friendly, quite funny at times and with some good shots of the school including splendid filming inside chapel.

Best of all were the kids - they may have been specially chosen, but they did their stuff like true professionals. What talent! What charm! What individuality!

Well done everybody