CH Filmstar and TV Beethoven Presenter

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Mid A 15
Button Grecian

CH Filmstar and TV Beethoven Presenter

Post by Mid A 15 »

Just watched Mean Machine, starring ex footballer Vinny Jones, on the box. Jason Flemyng, an Old Blue I understand, played a cameo as one of the commentators on the match between the Cons and the Guards.

Vinny and Jason also appeared together in Lock, Stock And two Smoking Barrels and Snatch.

There is a programme about Beethoven next week (Friday) on BBC2 involving Charles Hazelwood, another Old Blue apparently.

Sorry if all this is old news!
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Re: CH Filmstar and TV Beethoven Presenter

Post by jtaylor »

Mid A 15 wrote: There is a programme about Beethoven next week (Friday) on BBC2 involving Charles Hazelwood, another Old Blue apparently.

Indeed he is - and probably one our highest profile famous Old Blues at the moment?:-
http://www.charleshazlewood.com/
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Mid A 15 wrote:**** Mean Machine, starring ex footballer Vinny Jones, on the box. Jason Flemyng, an Old Blue I understand, played a cameo as one of the commentators on the match between the Cons and the Guards.

Twas on the tele last night. I better film than I thought it was going to be.

The two commentators in question certainly knew how to use the 'F' word !!
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

It's no big deal but I just wondered why the first part of my post relating to Mean Machine got chopped. I don't recall swearing or anything!:-)
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

It was a quirk of the automatic word censors that went wrong - now corrected!

Spot the dodgy word in "Just watched" and you'll work out what it was - took me a minute to spot it!

J
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.
Slugs
2nd Former

Post by Slugs »

If you read this month's Empire magazine, on page 44 you'll see Leo Gregory who was on my year at CH, who is starring as Rolling Stone Bryan Jones in Stoned, premiering at the Cannes Film Festival. Not bad for someone kicked out for being a troublemaker, eh? Fair play to him.
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

jtaylor wrote:It was a quirk of the automatic word censors that went wrong - now corrected!

Spot the dodgy word in "Just watched" and you'll work out what it was - took me a minute to spot it!

J
It took me a couple of minutes before I SNATCHed it out of thin air !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
BTaylor
Deputy Grecian

Post by BTaylor »

Si D'Arcy seems to pop up all over the place. Think his professional la-dih-dah acting name is James D'Arcy.

I'm sure I saw him in Master and Commander.

I also belive Jonny Boston is doing pretty well on the Jazz circuit at present.
Thornton 85-92
davidvickery
2nd Former

Post by davidvickery »

Mid A 15 wrote:Just watched Mean Machine, starring ex footballer Vinny Jones, on the box. Jason Flemyng, an Old Blue I understand, played a cameo as one of the commentators on the match between the Cons and the Guards.

Vinny and Jason also appeared together in Lock, Stock And two Smoking Barrels and Snatch.

There is a programme about Beethoven next week (Friday) on BBC2 involving Charles Hazelwood, another Old Blue apparently.

he's been in loads of films, the league of extraordinary gentlemen (i worked on this film too, doing visual effects), layer cake and lock stock.., to name a few.
have a look here if you want to see the full list of stuff hes worked on - its a database of films and everyone who is credited for working on them, you can do name searches to find out peoples filmographies

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002076/
Tim_B
2nd Former

Post by Tim_B »

Mid A 15 wrote: There is a programme about Beethoven next week (Friday) on BBC2 involving Charles Hazelwood, another Old Blue apparently.
jtaylor wrote:Indeed he is - and probably one our highest profile famous Old Blues at the moment?:-
http://www.charleshazlewood.com/
Rather proud to say that he's my cousin. :) Although the thought chiefly makes me question WTF am I doing in advertising???

Ah yes... I find it rather easy and it pays well.

But is it what I want to do? Let me put it this way. The most inspirational figure I met at CH was Mr Hargraves (English). Very much the 'Oh Captain my Captain' figure and uncompromising to the last. Well, I'll know when I'm doing the right job when I'm no longer ashamed to meet him again and tell him what I do.

Now all I've got to do is DO it (darn that catch).

BTW... hearty greetings to you all. Julian: fantastic job getting this site together and many thanks for your on-going effort in keeping it running. Apologies for taking awhile to post. Fatherhood, slackness and probably above-average ADD keep me forever disorganised.
Leigh Hunt (1983-1990)
dizzyfish
2nd Former

My Captain!

Post by dizzyfish »

Ahhh. I remember Mr 'Grevious Bodily' Hargreaves. We never did see eye to eye and I remember flicking ink on one of his suits only to be amazed at the speed that I was dragged into Osram's office to be accused of the attack. "Turner", he lisped, "only you would be so stewpid as to flick ink on a master when evewybody knows you are the ownly pupil to use TURQUOISE INK!".

Mr Hargreaves, I apologise unreservedly.

I remember Charles as well, carrying off 'The Golden Baton' during a school concert where Mid A sang 'Moonlight' rather splendidly (if I say so myself!). I'm sure we were in some lessons together but as he was an ex-Maine-A-er I think we kept apart...

As for Jason, we shared many a lesson together in set 7 (out of 6).

Here's a picture of us getting hammered...