school scarf

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Spoonbill
Deputy Grecian

Re: school scarf

Post by Spoonbill »

J.R. wrote:I still have my blue woolen scarf and occasionally wear it to footy matches when the temperature is around zero.
You big fairy. Only when the temperature hits minus five do I stop going to football matches stark naked. And even then I only wear a posing pouch.

As for the scarf, I had the enormous misfortune to arrive at the school just after the tasteless "collegiate" effort had been introduced (man was that a woeful-looking piece of offal), so I could only look on with gut-gnawing envy at the older lads and their Rolls Royce woollen scarves. Sadly I had already developed enough of a conscience as to be mentally incapable of nicking a nice woolly one for meself. But maybe EnglishAngel could knit one for me, what with her being a billionaire playgirl with all the time in the world on her hands.

So what became of that godawful collegiate thing and what replaced it? Some sort of hideous acrylic horror?
icomefromalanddownunder
Button Grecian

Post by icomefromalanddownunder »

[quote="Spoonbill"][But maybe EnglishAngel could knit one for me, what with her being a billionaire playgirl with all the time in the world on her hands.

quote]

Why not grab needles and wool and head on down to Brighton Hospital? I'm sure that Kerren's Occ Therapist would think it an excellent aide to Kerren's recovery.
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Post by Angela Woodford »

Spoony, I would knit you one, if given loads of dosh upfront for the purest, most beauteous wool.

A gentleman such as yourself would not tolerate a hideous acryllic horror, I do see that! :shock:

The knitting group to which I belong meet in a Wool Shop, and group members get a discount on the purest and most beauteous, if that would interest you! I must check to see if the deepest navy and most subtle mustard yellow are stocked.
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

On a fashion note - how about a co-ordinating posing pouch?
"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple, and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing "Cunning plans are here again.""
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Angela Woodford wrote:On a fashion note - how about a co-ordinating posing pouch?

The Mind Boggles !!!!

:shock:
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
pierre
3rd Former

Post by pierre »

I used to attend the Paris Lingerie show for work (life as a civil servant can be really tough!!) and was amazed at the wide range of male posing pouches on display. The mind really boggles after that!!
PrepA39/BA11/THA26
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

J.R. wrote:The Mind Boggles !!!! :shock:
Hopefully, the knitting won't...

But Pierre! The Paris Lingerie Show! I'm a) deeply envious and b) attending as a civil servant? Please explain - I shall know no rest until you do. Do French civil servants need particularly superb underpinnings?
Fjgrogan
Button Grecian

Post by Fjgrogan »

'Underpinnings' - what a wonderful expression! These days my preferred description of my own underwear is 'armour plated' - but you really didn't need to know that, did you!
Frances Grogan (Haley) 6's 1956 - 62

'A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.'
Angela Woodford
Button Grecian

Fjgrogan wrote: These days my preferred description of my own underwear is 'armour plated' - but you really didn't need to know that, did you!
But Frances, you and every sleb on the red carpet! "Spanx" is the armour plating, I believe!
pierre
3rd Former

Post by pierre »

Angela
For part of my career, I was the UK National Pavilion coordinator for Trade Fairs in France (around 100 events a year) and as such was required to monitor the finished product by occasional site visits which included Paris Fashion Week. I got to know Paris and Cannes quite well!!
PrepA39/BA11/THA26
yamaha
GE (Great Erasmus)

Post by yamaha »

I still have my blue woolen scarf and occasionally wear it to footy matches when the temperature is around zero.
Do you turn one end inside-out and stick it on your head?

Do post a pic!
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

yamaha wrote:
I still have my blue woolen scarf and occasionally wear it to footy matches when the temperature is around zero.
Do you turn one end inside-out and stick it on your head?

Do post a pic!

NO I DON'T.
That habit died after I left school.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.