Sunday Half-Hour BBC2 15th July 2012

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

Alexandra Thrift
Deputy Grecian

Sunday Half-Hour BBC2 15th July 2012

Post by Alexandra Thrift »

I had the radio on purely by chance as I cooked tea....and it featured...well...Christ's Hospital,Horsham :D
It was very lovely and brought tears to my eyes, especially as some of the Hymns were my favourites.
I recommend anyone interested ,who missed it, to use the BBC Listen Again website. I was amused that the presenter mentioned ALL 900 of the students and staff being CRAMMED into the chapel, several times....'spose it must have been like the Hertford Chapel for the Carol Service.

Many thanks to all involved, which was ...well...everybody at Horsham ( crammed into the chapel).

Here is the link
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wqy ... des/player

Having read , and not been very impressed by , the new school prospectus .... I was reassured to see that the school is still a "religious" foundation, and not just "royal and ancient"; a fact barely touched upon in the prospectus ( although I guess the name of the school is a bit of a give-away).

Edit: In 1971 C.H. Hertford was recorded by the BBC for Sunday Half Hour in the school hall ( I was in the choir but I can't remember what we sang ...probably " Love Divine" ) and not the chapel.
Miss Dorothy Ruth West ( Headmistress and soon to retire ) read the blessing at the end and, rumour has it, received at least one marriage proposal from a listener.
Angela Pratt 56-63
Deputy Grecian

Re: Sunday Half-Hour BBC2 15th July 2012

Post by Angela Pratt 56-63 »

D.R. a marriage proposal? !!!!
A Dirty Old Jack
3rd Former

Re: Sunday Half-Hour BBC2 15th July 2012

Post by A Dirty Old Jack »

That would've been me, Angela.

She 'ad a lovely bum, that Dot West. Phwooaarrrr.