Matrons

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Re: Matrons

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

Since the subject is Matrons ----
I have just discovered a House Photo of Barnes B in 1943.
It features L M Carey (Housemaster) the Rev. Poole (Asst. Housemaster) and the inimitable Miss Watts (I never dared to know her first name ! )
The front row contains nine boys in grey jackets and shorts, which reflected the uniform shortage at the time.

I should like to copy this to the Forum ---- but being elderly (84 in April) and confused, I have forgotten how to do it (---- no, JR -- how to copy !)

Perhaps some kind Moderator will tell me ?
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

NEILL THE NOTORIOUS wrote:Since the subject is Matrons ----
I have just discovered a House Photo of Barnes B in 1943.
It features L M Carey (Housemaster) the Rev. Poole (Asst. Housemaster) and the inimitable Miss Watts (I never dared to know her first name ! )
The front row contains nine boys in grey jackets and shorts, which reflected the uniform shortage at the time.

I should like to copy this to the Forum ---- but being elderly (84 in April) and confused, I have forgotten how to do it (---- no, JR -- how to copy !)

Perhaps some kind Moderator will tell me ?

To be honest, Neill, I always forward photos to Julian as I haven't mastered posting photo's on here yet either !
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
The Shelfstacker
2nd Former

Post by The Shelfstacker »

CHDad wrote:Some building sites are now breathalysing workers when they arrive on site. When you consider the machinery that is operated and the risks involved this does seem sensible!
When I was a houseman at the Royal Free in the early 90s the doctors' mess had a licensed bar which was open at lunchtime (though as I remember most people drank non-alcoholic drinks) and from 5pm till 11pm, where you would find most of the doctors on call that night at various times propping up the bar.

About 18 months after leaving the Free I was at the Royal Brompton which had two blocks, the south block on the Fulham Road and the north block just off the Kings Road, in between which two was the Princess of Wales where very many doctors spent their on call evenings, bleeps on the pub tables. This even extended on occasions to lock-ins with the Brompton doctors and the coppers from Chelsea police station.
"...If there be any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things."