Sad news

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

ReallyMissingHer
UF (Upper Fourth)

Re: Sad news

Post by ReallyMissingHer »

My thoughts are with Matthew's family and friends at this time, what a gap there will be in their lives forever.

I few moments lapse in concentration/attention with such devasting consequences. How many near misses have we all had in our lives - different circumstances, different outcome but it's the same situation - having to brake sharply in the car because you didn't see x y z type of thing, being knocked off my bike because the car driver didn't see me on the roundabout - he was speeding checking nothing was coming but didn't look straight ahead.

Absolute tragedy, and as trains get faster and quieter I personally would like to see more safety measures in place at all these railway crossings, even if it's just lights to warn that a train is approaching (solar powered, motion activated?)
NEILL THE NOTORIOUS
Button Grecian

Post by NEILL THE NOTORIOUS »

I agree, Moderators should act in these, and likewise circumstances.
These speculations should never have appeared on this Forum.
jtaylor
Forum Administrator

Post by jtaylor »

I would like to add my thoughts and prayers for the family and all who knew this young man.
If anyone is unhappy with any of the existing posts in this thread, please do contact me directly at admin@chforum.info
I am sure nobody means any offense by their postings, however I have taken the decision to lock this topic now as suggested by others, and would like to encourage that we move on to other discussions.

Julian Taylor
Forum Admin/founder
Julian Taylor-Gadd
Leigh Hunt 1985-1992
Founder of The Unofficial CH Forum
https://www.grovegeeks.co.uk - IT Support and website design for home, small businesses and charities.