Monday 20th September 1965

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

J.R.
Forum Moderator

Re: Monday 20th September 1965

Post by J.R. »

Mid A 15 wrote:50 years ago to the day that an apprehensive little eleven year old squit arrived that afternoon in a Maine A then under the auspices of one TH Keeley esq aided and abetted by Messrs Christopher Vincent-Smith and Christopher Read. Mark Cousins of Maine A was the Senior Grecian, Graham Pratt House Captain and other monitors were Gray, Lloyd, Fordham, Pratt R, Tompkins, Jackson and Isaac although it was Lloyd and Fordham with whom we squits had the most dealings.

In the unlikely event of any of Adams, Brooks, Butler, Calton J (RIP), Calton R, Chapman, Clack, Cromey-Hawke, Haynes, Kerridge, Martin, Miller A, Nicholson, the 1965 Maine A intake including me, reading this I wish you all the best and hope that life has gone well.

Best wishes too to AKAP ,ex Barnes B, a squit at the same time. He may be slightly more likely to visit the forum and see this.

Did Chris Read stay long at CH ? I remember his arrival when he became responsible for the school printing, along with myself and Paul Coates (?sp) which would have been about1962/63.

Chris seemed more like 'one of the boys' rather than a teacher in authority.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

J.R. wrote:
Mid A 15 wrote:50 years ago to the day that an apprehensive little eleven year old squit arrived that afternoon in a Maine A then under the auspices of one TH Keeley esq aided and abetted by Messrs Christopher Vincent-Smith and Christopher Read. Mark Cousins of Maine A was the Senior Grecian, Graham Pratt House Captain and other monitors were Gray, Lloyd, Fordham, Pratt R, Tompkins, Jackson and Isaac although it was Lloyd and Fordham with whom we squits had the most dealings.

In the unlikely event of any of Adams, Brooks, Butler, Calton J (RIP), Calton R, Chapman, Clack, Cromey-Hawke, Haynes, Kerridge, Martin, Miller A, Nicholson, the 1965 Maine A intake including me, reading this I wish you all the best and hope that life has gone well.

Best wishes too to AKAP ,ex Barnes B, a squit at the same time. He may be slightly more likely to visit the forum and see this.

Did Chris Read stay long at CH ? I remember his arrival when he became responsible for the school printing, along with myself and Paul Coates (?sp) which would have been about1962/63.

If memory serves me right he and his wife left and emigrated to South Africa c 1968 or so.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72
J.R.
Forum Moderator

Post by J.R. »

Mid A 15 wrote:
J.R. wrote:

If memory serves me right he and his wife left and emigrated to South Africa c 1968 or so.
Many thanks.
John Rutley. Prep B & Coleridge B. 1958-1963.
AKAP
Grecian

Post by AKAP »

Wow, memories.

By the way. Was the Chapman you mention, Kent Chapman?
Mid A 15
Button Grecian

Post by Mid A 15 »

AKAP wrote:Wow, memories.

By the way. Was the Chapman you mention, Kent Chapman?
Yes "Chapman" is indeed Kent Chapman.
Ma A, Mid A 65 -72