Expelled

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

gneuss
2nd Former
Has thanked: 0

Re: Expelled

Post by gneuss » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:17 pm

John asked
Just for my education, is there a difference between expelled and excluded?
I used to be the Chair of Governors of a comprehensive school and had to deal with this quite a lot. Exclusion can either be fixed-term exclusion in which case it is also known as suspension or it can be permanent exclusion which does means expelled. A student who has been permanently excluded can only be reinstated by the Governing Body. A student who has been given a fixed-term exclusion can return to the school once the period of time has passed.

jhopgood
Button Grecian

Post by jhopgood » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:54 pm

Thanks Geoff.
My sister's grandson has been excluded but I was unclear what it involved.
Barnes B 25 (59 - 66)

Foureyes
Grecian
Has thanked: 0

Post by Foureyes » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:20 pm

In amplificaion of selintenenj
"That sounds fun. No Uncle's one was more like this - an M20: http://modernfirearms.net/userfiles/ima ... 229055.jpg"

That is much more likely. Even the British Army would be hard pushed to lose a MOBAT, which was quite large and mounted on two wheels. In British Service the M20 weapon shown here was known as the "3.5inch Recoilles Rocket Launcher" which was abbreviated, somewhat improbably, to "3.5RCL" I actually fired one, but as my eyes were closed at the moment of launch it hit the target absolutely perfectly -if my eyes had been open I would have missed by a mile!

David :shock: