Simon Horne

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else, but that's still CH related.

Moderator: Moderators

loringa
Deputy Grecian

Simon Horne

Post by loringa »

I am pleased to report that Simon Horne (LHA / Col A 1974 - 1980) has been accepted for the Chaplaincy in the Royal Navy at the age of 47 and will join Britannia Royal Naval College Dartmouth in September or January. He has had a varied and interesting career since leaving Christ's Hospital running a youth hostel in the Lake District, reading Greats at Oxford, qualifying as a Psychiatric Nurse, serving as a medical missionary in Zimbabwe, being ordained and working most recently as a team Vicar in Fordingbridge, Hampshire, training as a book-keeper and now joining the Royal Navy. He is an excellent fellow, indeed the only contemporary with whom I keep in contact, and will be a tremendous asset to the Service. I hope that those forum-ites who remember him will join me in wishing him and his wife Mel all the best in his new career.
loringa
Deputy Grecian

Update

Post by loringa »

Just to keep you updated, Simon joins the Britannia Royal Naval College, Dartmouth on 13 September, 30 years almost to the day after I joined the College. We both left CH on the same day.